to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Time to Bid Adieu...

One of my lifetime favorite movies is Sound of Music. I can watch and watch and watch it. Of course I can totally relate to the opening song, I mean... who wouldn't want to run to the hills? Of course WHICH hills depends on personal preference...and I think everyone knows which hills I run to every minute that I possibly can.

The last few weeks I have been struggling about this blog. You all know that I used to LOVE blogging. I found it so nice be silly, fun, share how to do things and be serious. I am still kind of in shock that it all changed overnight. I kept hoping things would return to how they were. That I would find time to blog again like I used to. Time to read blogs and comment on them. But instead I find myself purposely pulling away so that I dont upset one friend if I might comment on another friend. I have met so many beautiful people in blog land. Many of you have followed me, coming over to facebook and keeping up with my happenings where I am. Many of you havent and I dont blame you. I dont like like facebook for personal reasons either. I have a personal profile I never use. Its just not my thing for that. But I do find that the platform works better for me on the business side. I have a group to sell the fabric, another to share paper piecing projects; I am in a stitchery group and a quilt guild. While I might not interact very often, if I need inspiration, I can click over, yet I am still right there available to answer messages. Having several hundred regular customers, I get messages day and night... and I find that when I am on the computer I am there on fb answering questions, and when I am done I don't care to spend more time on the computer. I have a family. and they are first.

Soooo.... I will from now on be sending out newsletters instead of blogging. I have my first one in composing stage. I am still learning the process so I don't know how to 'merge' you in without asking you to go to my store and signing up to receive a newsletter. I hope to include short family blurbs, etc.

I am also making youtube videos so you can follow me on there. I have a list started of up and coming youtube projects; they wont all be about paper piecing. Coming soon are some McKenna Ryan methods and twining, as well as paper piecing of course.

Stephens blog will remain... and I will be blogging more often for him.

The dream: which was always a dream before life turned topsy turvey is to write those childrens books someday. You all know its buried deep within me and hopefully we can make it surface again someday. I also plan to continue writing quilt books and patterns as long as the publisher gives the ok.

So, picking back up to the beginning of my story.... as I sat down to write this, I found the following song just kept repeating in my head. Blessings to all of you... but it is time...


16 comments:

Belinda said...

I will miss you here, but am consoled by knowing I can visit (even for just a couple of minutes) with you on facebook.

So long, Farewell....

Pat said...

It saddens me that something you used to love has become a burden. Stay in touch, sweetie - if you have the time. With all those questions day and night, I'll understand if you don't. xx

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I will miss you dear friend. Enjoy your new opportunities.

Teresa in Music City said...

Life often takes us in different directions than we had planned, but it usually works out okay in the end. Wishing you well in all your future endeavors :*)

beaquilter said...

boohoo :(

Jacque said...

Gonna miss you! But I feel the same way sometimes....hoping God will guide my life and let me know when it's time to move on. Hugs!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Will miss you as well.

Fiona said...

we all need to make changes in our lives at some stage or another...
take care and all the best to you and your family...
Hugz

elliek said...

Will miss seeing your posts but hope that we can still be in touch. I am not a Facebooker so not sure how that will work out but... Hope that I can get your newsletter.Hugs

Grammasheri said...

Completely understand and will see you on FB!

Maria said...

It was nice to know you and play BINGO along with Stephen.
Best wishes to your family and you.
Hugz
Maria

Dorian said...

Perfectly understandable Tonya. I'll miss your blogging. You take care.

Robin said...

Looking forward to your newsletter Tonya and hope its a better fit with your lifestyle right now! You've gotta do what's best for you ;)

Wilma NC said...

I know how you feel. My life got very busy too, and I hadn't posted in quite some time. This is the first time I have read any blogs in forever. Sorry to see you go. Best of luck to you. I'll always remember the quilt bingo!!

Wilma NC said...

I know how you feel. My life got very busy too, and I hadn't posted in quite some time. This is the first time I have read any blogs in forever. Sorry to see you go. Best of luck to you. I'll always remember the quilt bingo!!

Johan Irawan said...

I'm from Indonesia who like fashion design
and I'll introduce your design it to the Indonesian people.
Thank you, very helpful for beginners like me who craves insight
and hopefully very useful for other visitors.
Hopefully that will come a time when I can visit again.
The cyber world is helping me to learn to be better.
Okay once again, I will say thank you.

The following are my comments in Indonesian language.

Nama Versi Android
Info Android Terbaru
Versi Android Terbaru
Sejarah Nama Tiap Versi Android
Nama Semua Versi Android Terbaru 2014
Daftar Lengkap Nama Semua Versi Android
Smartphone Android Nokia Normandy
Android Nokia Normandy Tetap Warna Warni
Nokia Batalkan Rencana Produksi Smartphone Android
Beredar Isu Nokia Gagal Produksi Smartphone Android
Microsoft Belum Punya Hak Melarang Produksi Nokia Android
Mobil Murah Sangat Di Minati Orang Indonesia
Orang Indonesia Menunggu Peluncuran Mobil Murah
Merek Terkenal Yang Memproduksi Mobil Murah Di Indonesia
Kepastian Mobil Murah Berlanjut di Indonesia Bagian Timur
Peluncuran Mobil Murah Di Indonesia Penuh Dengan Pro Kontra