to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 19, 2013

all about appreciation

It was posted on Facebook that yesterday was Wife Appreciation Day. Of course the conversation followed that the men pretty much didn't know about the holiday. I mean I didn't even know about it...holidays for everything under the sun are getting ridiculous. 

Back to my point though... I was thinking how in my job I hear almost daily from women ( or often myself venting) that cannot find a single moment to shower much less do something for themselves like sew or read a book. In fact... Their moments to themselves are often just to make or do things for those they love ( such as the five pair of Stephen undies that I've been slowly working on in my 'free time' for months now. )

Women are expected to not only work but also carry the rest of the household burdens on their shoulders. They have to clean the house, do the laundry, many homeschool their kids, do the grocery shopping, play mom taxi, and give attention to their husbands... And most women that I've talked to don't get any help with the everyday running of the household.  Then they start feeling guilty that the book case needs dusted and the laundry mound has become a MountEverest replica, yet if they are like me, they are clueless how to do it all. 

So this is why I am writing this post ladies. I assure you that you will never get the appreciation that you deserve from your family members. In fact, you will most likely never get that dream of getting so sick that you land yourself in a hospital for a mini retreat, but not so sick you can't enjoy the break. ( ha! You know that you've dreamt about it before! And even if you do get a retreat.. hospital or otherwise...guess what? The housework just accumulates while you are gone! )

But what I can assure you is this... We women are a large army. We stick together. We know that each of us carries the world on our shoulders and we willingly march on. Be encouraged because each of us appreciate what the other does. I appreciate that you sew your little girl a dress in your spare moments or that you whip up a quilt for the local VA. I appreciate that you do your best to do it all...and I understand when you are in the dumps because you can't. I i appreciate that you often encourage and inspire one another. and mostly, I appreciate your prayers, and I pray for you. 

Be encouraged ladies..march on knowing you ARE appreciated! 

10 comments:

Belinda said...

Well, you certainly know whereof you speak dear heart! YOU are appreciated very much!

Ruth said...

Yep. You have it. I do think we're the stronger of the genders. We may not be as tall or as strong, but we persevere and are hardy souls. Any gender that gets periods, gives birth, nurtures the kids, works both at home and outside the home, cleans, cooks, etc, etc. Women - we rule.

I tell that to the Hubz all the time. And then, of course, I say "Men!" He just grins at me. But he is cute.

Groovy Pumpkin said...

Well said!

Groovy Pumpkin said...

Well said!

Groovy Pumpkin said...

Well said!

Pikaboo said...

So true! Just be careful what you wish for. Last year I wanted a break and got it in the form of a broken ankle! Watch out for stairs, they'll trip you any chance they get.

Anyway, I appreciate you and everything you do.

Pat said...

You've made me smile. No, never dreamt of going to hospital for a break. Winning the lottery and buying a holiday home, yes! :) xx

Brian Cailsey said...

Thank you for sharing in this article
I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
I am happy to find your website and can join to comment
I think is very valuable to be able to read your writing, and on this occasion will I use for my reference source
Thank you so much for sharing, I hope you continue to write spirit next topic
bbm windows phone harga galaxy s5 harga nokia x harga asus zenfone harga lenovo golden warrior s8 harga philips w6618 obat kuat vimax semarang harga hp terbaru

birin saro said...

OBAT PEMBESAR PENIS
KONDOM GETAR
OBAT SIPILIS
OBAT PERANGSANG WANITA
ALAT BANTU SEX PRIA
ALAT BANTU SEX WANITA
MINYAK PEMBESAR PENIS
ALAT PEMBESAR PENIS
OIL PEMBESAR PENIS
OBAT KUAT
OBAT HERNIA
CELANA HERNIA
OBAT PEMBESAR PAYUDARA
VIMAX
VIMAX ASLI
OBAT VIMAX
VIMAX MURAH
ALAT PEMBESAR PENIS
PEMBESAR PENIS
OBAT PEMBESAR PENIS TRADISIONAL

Dinda Aaa said...

Thanks for the ideas your share here
So far, I am looking for a source of reference on various websites
Now I have found what I was looking for all this time
I keep the spirit to strive to be the best, one of which is a reference from your idea that really helped me.
Once again I want to say thank you..






pembesar penis
vimax asli
vimax
selaput dara buatan
obat pembesar penis
vimax
vimax asli
pembesar penis
obat pembesar penis
vimax
vimax asli
pembesar penis
obat pembesar penis
alat bantu sex