to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Big changes, big grins!

So..
I've had a couple of emails asking why I am so quiet. Lets see if this helps:


And this:



NO we are not moving. Just my fabric warehouse. Its moving a very very far from me. In fact I am kind of jealous because it gets to move here:



Well, maybe not that EXACT location...but Port Angeles anyway. So pretty!

You have heard me talking about 'my Princess'. My right hand man. My do anything for me partner in fabric crime.

Well we have decided due to upcoming things happening in my life that we need to switch roles. That is the beauty of Internet business. I have never met her in person. I wont be anywhere near my fabric. But the fabric hoarders enabling marches on no matter where my fabric is located. I spend way too many hours dealing with shipping and way too much money paying people to cut fabric for me. And my space is so limited. I have so many customers..that I have over 100 mailing boxes sitting here. We cant get in and out the door hardly. Its just gotten ridiculous. A good ridiculous but still crazy to make my family deal with this. So..I am fixing the problem with a HUGE sale and then a big move.

(Ozark customers...don't freak out and ask for shipping yet. I have TONS of in stock fabric I am still trying to sell off before we move the warehouse. I will take in the Yenter prebuy but then starting next month I'll have most shipped to Washington. Its really ok that you have boxes at both places. Its kind of like shopping from two quilt shops and I KNOW you all do that!)

I will keep all my Yenter in stock fabric at my home, and that as well as notions and ahhhhs will be available on the website. As well as book kits when the book comes out.

WAIT.... 
You dont know about the book.
That is the itty bitty HUGE news I've not been telling you but that I am ready to tell you now.

(I had to pinch myself first to make sure I wasnt dreaming.)

Next year I should have not one but TWO book releases.
One around the beginning of Feb and the other around September.
I even have book plans for after those two but I am trying not to get ahead of myself.

What type of books? No not childrens books. Many of you remember my old blogging days and know that I love to write and many have encouraged me to write childrens books. Maybe someday. Lets start with quilt books though...would that be ok with you?

I am not going to say anymore other than that is why I NEVER show you projects,( book secrets!) and the books are about English Paper Piecing.

With the move of the warehouse in September, I should have more time to devote to blogging but school and book projects come first. Plus Ozark will still keep me pretty busy. And counting ahhhhs. I am forever counting ahhhhs. Want to come count ahhhhs with me? I need to count some today for an order in fact.

OH and MOST IMPORTANT NEWS OF ALL:

Jerry is doing Fabulous!!!
Better than he's been in a year!
They adjusted some medicine a couple of weeks ago and the difference is night and day. He'll always have up and down moments, but he's DOING things again. ( I think he is sick of his bedroom. He hasnt even been watching much tv. You all know how I HATE tv so I am so happy with that change!) 
 I've had way more time to breathe lately. I've been able to spend alone time with the two older kids while Jerry watches Stephen. Stephen has become a total Daddy's boy and really wants not a lot to do with his mommy when his daddy is home. They have been building things and playing ball, going to the park and going swimming. ( I am not too jealous. I get him during the day still and I am starting to back off from Ozark enough that the day time belongs to school and boys. So he gets lots of mommy time. )

What this all boils down to is this:

Hillbilly Tonya is grinning again.
Big grins!

14 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Woww, Woww and WOWW, what a lot of changes.

The book news is just thrilling, congratulations.

I am so pleased to hear that Jerry is so much better too. That alone must make you feel better, and the fact that you have more time for "things" (whether they're quilting, family or just plain sleeping must be good.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You go girl - I knew your time would come - good things do come to good people.

Angie said...

So very excited for you!!

Christine M said...

How exciting for you Tonya. Writing not one but two books. Things certainly are happening at your place. I'm so glad to hear Jerry is doing much better. Sending you hugs, Christine.

Belinda said...

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!! You have made it out of the valley of the shadow of death and are on your way back into the light girlie. I applaud and salute you!

beaquilter said...

didn't realize it was a different state.... one of your helpers... hmmm I need to snoop around and figure out WHO's in WAshington ;)

Teresa in Music City said...

Tonya, I'm delighted to hear all of this good news! First that Jerry is so much better and things have settled down at home for you all - that is amazing & miraculous - halleluiah!!! And then books! And organization for your business! And writing! Way to go girlfriend! Looking forward to the good times with you :*)

Kris said...

Wow, Tonya!! Sounds like life has really started to get more than exciting for you!! I am soooooooo happy for you!! Just make sure you take care of YOU during all this change!!

Pokey said...

I'm grinning with you, girl! I'm so glad for the many happy changes, especially on your sweetheart's health!! Blessings from the Lord ~
:-}pokey

elliek said...

So so glad that Jerry is so much better. That will make your life easier. Exciting news all round in your life! Am still working on those projects. Hugs to you all.

Jacque said...

WONDERFUL answers to our prayers! So very happy for your blessings, my friend! God is so good!

Pat said...

Delighted to hear your new about writing two quilting books - and enormously pleased that Jerry is doing so well xx

Carla said...

Wow where do I start?...
Congratulations on not 1 but 2 books being released. That is awesome
And my heart did flip flops reading about Jerry. That is the most awesome news!! Please don't let me catch up some more and you change that diagnois's.
I'm happy for you and your family.
Wow and moving fabric. And you're SMILING. There's a big aahhhh.
Keep smiling!

Auntie Pami said...

Long time no see. Need to catch up...