to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Monday, May 20, 2013

Tis not the time....

to discuss Ahhhhs. I have the one from last week and the one for tomorrow all ready for you but we are right in the middle of trying to organize a HUGE quilt block undertaking for a memorial for the children of Oklahoma.

The fabric group has members from all over the world and all are working on quilt blocks. Many of these are not quilters so if anyone is willing to help stitch them into quilts, please let me know.

I could also use a quilter or two. We are thinking lap size and give them to the teachers at the school instead of the families of the children as the families will get a huge outpouring.

Blocks accepted will be any 12". But we are attempting to find school colors before I can say what colors to make your block.

If you are interested, please comment and I will let you know school colors to make your block with as soon as I know. Also if interested in helping in any other way, such as piecing, let me know.

Thanks!

11 comments:

Colleen said...

As a teacher I am devastated thinking of those brave souls trying to save their kids at those three elementary schools that were flattened. I will try and put something together. I may pull out UFOs. Great use for them.

Kris said...

Hi Tonya - Count me in for blocks and piecing and if you are in a bind, I can do some simple meandering-type quilting!! Thanks for getting this started and I await school colors!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I can make blocks for you - if you have blocks sent directly to me I can assemble tops and quilt. Our sewing classes can get involved.

elliek said...

I can make a block or two but am too far away to put together and you wouldn't want anything that I had actually quilted! Let me know colours and where to send the blocks.

beaquilter said...

I'll be happy to quilt for you :)

Robin said...

Tonya Id be happy to quilt and bind for you as well! I have a home frame but do a decent job with it;)

Cathy said...

I`d be happy to make some blocks too.
Thanks for sharing this project.

Sherry said...

I'd be happy to help out. . .whether it be blocks or something else.

Thank you,

Sherry V.

KatieQ said...

Just let me know the colors and I will get a block or 2 together to send out.

Katie M. said...

I would love to help with some blocks. Let me know colors and I'll get them done ASAP

Mego said...

I'm in. Let me know the colors and I'll get some made this weekend!