to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mommy's Day for Me to Stephen

For Mothers Day this year, my daughter decided to give me a day to work without my little helper. ( They went to the zoo). Rather than work I decided to play. I learned how to use some new sewing tools that I've never tried before:

These wonder clips...awesome for little boy vests.

That Purple Thang is great for itty bitty pockets.


Kam Snaps are fun to use and I know Stephen will love them!


And I survived putting in a zipper. Sort of. It doesn't open. Jerry thinks it might be my fault for buying the wrong kind of zipper, but the packaging all said universal....so hmmmm,  I still don't know how to properly put in a zipper. I knew I feared zippers for a reason. 

I guess Stephen will just have to slip it over his head, then zip it up.

After all is said and done my Mothers Day labor of love was very worth it and my boy will love it...but I think for the remainder of my evening, I will go revisit quilting!



 



 


 


 




 


 

7 comments:

Christine M said...

Stephen's vest looks great Tonya. You've done a great job. Have a lovely Mother's Day. Hugs, Christine

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I don;t do zippers either Tanya....but to me it looks like it could me in upside down....is that possible?

Melinda said...

I totally love my wonder clips. I bought a second set so I have plenty, just in case I'm doing two things at once...which happens a lot!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It is a very cute vest and I am sure he will enjoy it. What you should have used is a seperating zipper. Here is a site with information about them:
http://sewing.about.com/od/zipperapplicationnetlink/ss/typesofzippers_5.htm

Belinda said...

I'm glad you got some time to sew for a change!! Love what you made and I'm sure Stephen will too.

elliek said...

Love the vest for Stephen... yes it should have been an open ended zip but you put it in beautifully.
Your retreat is shaping up... intrigued by the BOM. As said before I will be with you in spirit!

KatieQ said...

As usual, Sharon spotted the problem. It needed a separating zipper. I did that on something I made for my son when he was Stephen's age. He decided to step into the vest and then zip it up. It actually suited his personality. You put it in correctly, so at least you know the basic process for next time.