to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Retreats, logos, website, and other fun randomness

The above logo was gifted to me by my friend that has turned into my 'right hand man' so to speak. She does so much work behind the scenes to help me. She made this logo for the fabric shop but she is also adapting one for the blog and has a button done as well.

She also has got the website all up and going. I am not going to 'release' it yet because it is just freshly opened but the exciting part is...NO INVOICING FOR AHHHHS this month! You will be able to just click and purchase your monthly ahhhhs. She has clubs all set up there and everything!

We will be adding fabric, notions, etc as we can.

---------------------------------------

The new additions to the family:

 I went to walmart to buy Jerry some bacon last Saturday and came home with the item below. We bought it at Walmart. Seriously. Of course there is a story involved but the name of the car is Nothing Short of a Miracle and I will call her Miracle for short. 

Speaking of short: Little short guy got one too..only it was months ago while his daddy was in the hospital. His sissy bought it for him and it stays at her house. He begs to go there all of the time. I am sure he will blog about it soon since he is trying to catch up on things.


-----------------------------------------------

How about a little trip?
Care to go here with me??


I am actually leaving next weekend to set up a retreat in Branson.
I have a location chosen that has a hotel, camping, cabin rentals, 2 pools, a playground, convention center, catered food,
and is VERY affordable.
I will be picking a weekend in Aug/sept and planning all kinds of fun activities including:
*trip to the HUGE quilt shop in Branson
*having a shipment of fabric drop shipped for shopping and giveaways
*EPP workshops--I will get with Paper Pieces and we will have some goodies lined up for you
*other sewing workshops including zippers. ( I hope. need a teacher for this. I am terrified of zippers.)

Family friendly! Bring the crew.
I just need to get some kind of idea how much interest there is so I know what to reserve.
I will find out prices next weekend. Just looking for a head count right now of "maybe"s.
I know my blog has been seriously neglected since fall but I am trying to make a comeback. Please help me by considering coming if you can make it at all! REAL live women...like NOT behind a computer screen..well I dont know what that looks like anymore. A hug? wow! I would love one.
so think about it :)

** Wonder if Jason Yenter would consider being a hillbilly for a weekend. Most likely not but it was worth a thought**

-------------------------------------------------

Please forgive me for not replying to comments in a timely manner.
That old me is still trying to break her way out.
(oh the new employee?? she has strep throat.... sigh)


9 comments:

Jill Martin said...

Dream of being able to attend maYbe we could have a get together here of those unable to make it there. Love the new logo...light and refreshing for Spring.

Pat said...

Love the Miracle!
Enjoy the trip away - if only I wasn't an ocean away *sigh*

Dorian said...

Ok Ms Hillybilly, don't tease us. I need to hear the story on your car! lol. Glad things are easing up on you. Hope Jerry is doing ok.

beaquilter said...

Ohhh drool Tonya... I want to go!! though I doubt I can this year. I have too much $$ set for a trip to CA in august and friends coming in Sept from DK.... well I guess it depends on the price and I might have Sonja in tow..... I can teach foundation piecing or FMQ or anything!! ha ha

Franni said...

Miss Hillbilly, I would love to go but cant. I am planning august sometime to go visit my daughter in New Hampshire. She moved in November and I miss her very much. Maybe you will plan another trip for next year and I can go to that one.

Belinda said...

Glad to see your new acquisition and Stephen's as well!! You gotta give us the story you know!!

I plan to be at the retreat with bells on....

Sorry about your helper's strep. Nasty stuff that.

elliek said...

You really can buy anything at Walmart! Would love to go on retreat but it would have to be virtual... you are a long way from Australia.Hope it goes well anyway.

krisgray said...

A retreat woud be fun - and not too far away for me. Maybe I cold spread the word here in StL for you!

BethAnn from Texas said...

I am on the maybe list....we'll be in the RV.