to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hillbilly Anniversary Fixin's

Today my husband and I marked our 5th anniversary. Wow what a milestone! **chuckle**

Hey it is for us! He could have just up and gave up but he is sticking around for awhile at least. Actually he hasnt felt good at all the last few days. (like worse than his normal not feeling good.) You all know I watch him like a hawk.

Today we were so exciting on our anniversary. We celebrated by buying a can of these:

I know, isnt it exciting??!
Flour anything is a no no around here, so this was a treat.
Yep a really big fancy anniversary brunch.
(My husband wont admit it but I am slowly converting him from Texan to Missouri Ozark Hillbilly).

After our wonderful Anniversary brunch guess what we did?
Jerry, Stephen and I all laid down and took a 3 hour nap.
I've been exhausted (as usual) from juggling everything, so I took the day off. 
Jerry has been home sick from work.
And Stephen, well, I guess he knew we needed sleep so he slept too! 


As a little gift for my husband I worked on a Stephen blog post tonight. I havent written one of those in so long! I love writing his posts. Tonight,s was just kind of a 'catch up' post, but in a day or two I will write up an adventure. You can find his blog by clicking over there ------------->>> 
where it says "stephen's own blog". He only has 16 followers. He would love a few more he said.

---------------------------

I am way way way behind in my work. I felt bad taking off today. I have yet another employee coming to interview this weekend. I sure hope she works out. I wanted to back off the fabric and devote to the ahhhs but the fabric pays the meds and the bread and butter. I love that my husband can not feel like he has to go to work because he might miss a day of pay. The fabric covers that. So, I continue as I have. Always behind. Always.
Praying at least that gets better soon. I really need it to.

Well pop over and check out Stephen's blog. I need to say my prayers and thank God for my husband and our Anniversary milestone!

11 comments:

Sunnybec said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! Hugs xxx

pamspretties57 said...

Happy Anniversary Tonya and Jerry!!! Sorry I don't keep in touch as much as I'd like to, kinda like you, keeping my head above water. Hope you have a wonderful day, and glad you got some rest. I'm gonna check out Stephen's blog. Thank you for being so kind to me and for all that you do, wish I could help you more. Take care, sending good energy your way, blessed be, hugs, Pam!!!

Carrie P. said...

Happy Anniversary!

Christine M said...

Happy anniversary to you and Jerry, Tonya.

Jacque said...

Happy Anniversary, you two love birds! LOL Love you and praying for you.... Hugs!

Debi Weaver said...

Happy Anniversary - a day late!May you have another wonderful year of adventures!
I didn't pop on until tonight because as usual, I'm running a little behind. Enjoyed reading your post.
Glad you enjoyed your day!

KatieQ said...

Happy anniversary! Getting some rest seems like a great way for all of you to celebrate.

Linda said...

Happy Anniversary dear friend!

Belinda said...

I'm glad you were able to celebrate your anniversary, even if it was only with a can of biscuits!!
Loved Stephen's blog post!!

Take care and happy anniversary!!

elliek said...

Happy anniversary to you both.Glad you could celebrate a little and glad that Belinda explained what the "Grands" were.Never seen biscuits in a can. I guess it's the dough and you get to cook it. Think the sleep was probably the best gift! Prayers still with you all especially for Jerry's health.Hugs

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

"Hilbilly Handiworks" has been included in the A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2013/04/a-sunday-drive_14.html