to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

An Ahhhhhnouncement that will change your Ahhhh life!

While typing this blog post this morning, it seems someone attempted to hack my account right when I was sitting there using it. Please inform me if you see anything ODD coming from my blog or through my email. Thank you.

When it comes to Artistic, Hexotic, Hectic, Hillbilly Hexagons you as a reader, fall into one of the following categories:

1) You could care less--you just follow my blog to be nice. (Husband and other family--they fall into this category.)

2) Ohhhh pretty! But you have no clue what they are beyond that.

3) As a quilter you like them but there is no way you are trying English Paper Piecing.

4) You like them and would like to try them but there is no way you are going to draw those up and cut them out. Too much work for you!

5) You are working through the Ahhhh list but you are getting burnt out because a) your host disappeared and quit showing you new ahhhh pretties and b) this has gone on a long time...time to move on!

6) You are working through the Ahhhh list and you are excited to get back down to work!

7) You have no clue what in the world I am talking about. I might refer you to the English Paper Piecing button up top..then come back and read!

-------------------------------------------------------

Did you find yourself on the list? 

If you are a number 1, 2, or maybe even 3--then just move on to the next blog in your reader. (*sad face*)

If you are a number 4, 5, or 6 then have I got just the thing to rekindle your Ahhhh interest!

If you are a 7...you are arriving at the perfect time!

Ever heard of Paper Pieces.com?


Well, one day last before before my life got unbearably crazy I made a little phone call to Paper Pieces. And a very nice "K..." answered the phone. K... is a real sweetheart and she heard me out. Then she got right down to work and let me tell you...this girl is fast and amazing! All she has to do is look at the designs (she paged through the ahhhhs from the blog) and she can whip out exactly the pieces and sizes that we need...just by looking at them! 

She already has, are you ready for this...almost 100 Ahhhh designs ready for us in her computer system! Yes, seriously she does. (I am still in ahhhh that they are working with little ol hillbilly Tonya to do this! Makes me want to just dance a jig!) Some of these designs I've shown you already and many new ones. So here is how it works...I leave it completely up to K... which ones she works up and sends to me every couple of weeks. She always chooses a variety of easy, medium and hard designs. Because I leave the choosing up to K..., the numbering system is different than what I've been doing on my blog. Which is good for you, because those of you working through and waiting on new designs...I have some to offer right here up front! (cant wait to get to my favorites # 4 and #5). 

So, how does this help you? Well if you are a number 4 from the list above--here ya go! If you are number 5--let this re-spark your Ahhhh flame. Pieces, already cut up and ready for you! If you are a number 6--and really don't care to buy paper you'll make it yourself...well that is ok because I'll be posting them twice a week now. Some will be old designs but many will be new designs! If you are a number 7--no better time than the present to start!

Oh, oh, wanna see number one? Kate's number one and my number one from the original blog posts matched, so today we re-introduce

Ahhhh Number one: The Pointing Star (originally published in the KC star in 1936--bet they didn't have these handy dandy paper pieces all cut out and ready for them though, did they?)



These all Measure 3" on a SIDE when finished.

A HUGE Thank you to K... over at Paper Pieces .com for making this dream of mine a reality!

-----------------------------------------------------

So, what about cost, ordering details, etc?

The price of each Ahhhh design varies slightly, due to the amount of pieces involved. I don't even know all the prices yet, and will just know as I receive them. But today's ahhhh is

85 cents!

Yep, that's it. I know it is only a few sheets of paper, but they are die cut, exact and so EASY for you now. I will release another on Thursday (a new one even!). I am working through a program for those of you that would like to buy the collection. I actually buy the designs in groupings of five, so maybe a program where you get all 5 sent to you the minute they are all released on my blog? How does that sound? Anyone interested? I'll have an estimated cost for this on Thursday when I release the next design. I think five is the perfect amount as they will fit into a bubble mailer.

If you are interested in purchasing Ahhhh 001 by itself, then give me a day or two. I am waiting on a digital postal scale to arrive in the mail...it is due to be delivered tomorrow. I wouldn't think it would cost much more than normal postage just to drop it in an envelope. We shall see! I'll know by Thursday and will post those prices on Thursday.

So, watcha think? Huh, huh? You excited as I am???

------------------------------------------

As today is my official day back to blogland I am going to go delete the literally THOUSANDS of posts in my reader and mark them as read. I hope to catch up with all of you now. It may take me time, my husband is still not 100%, and Seth and I are SO behind on school from this fall...but I am coming back. Slowly but surely. That makes me smile. So does this blog post!


23 comments:

Belinda said...

OOOhhhh, Aaaaahhhh. This is looking really exciting!! I believe I'm a number 4. I'm interested to know the size of the finished number 1...

beaquilter said...

LOVE these! count me in. I'd need at least a few of each maybe ? or if you're doing one every week, then one or 2 or 3 per week :-) SEW much fun.

Terry Truesdale said...

Excited, but worried I won't be able to keep up:(

Ruth said...

I'm in! I'm such an EPP lover! So anyway you want to do this, let us know, 'cause I really am lazy and don't want to cut the pieces out of paper.

Rhonda M said...

I kinda sorta maybe fall into two or three of those categories. I am a quilter and I know what paper piecing is, but it just isn't my cup-of-tea. I have tried it and have one UFO that just needs a little more work done. I can admire and appreciate work that other quilters put into it, but it is just not for me. I will sit back and enjoy looking at yours and keeping in touch with you, and then happily move on to the things I love. Isn't it amazing that God gave us all different tastes and passions!!!

sandie said...

I think I just may be a #4 today and I can't wait until you are ready for purchasing and shipping! I have a feeling this is a very time involved process, but maybe something I can take with me to kids sporting events?

Jill Martin said...

I am in all the way. Seeing how I am the depository of Ahhhh's this is perfect for me. Sign me up for the life time membership. It is so much easier for me to sew by hand than to force my right foot to work the foot pedal. I will still machine sew but my heart is with EPP. I am very excited for you, Tonya. Fantastic start of the New Year for you and the family.

Pokey said...

I have to admit, I was #4, but I think I'd like to try for fun. Let me know when they are available! I do hope all is getting better for you ~
:-}pokey

QuiltSue said...

This really sounds like fun, but ... as I am in the UK it's probably not going to be practical for me to join in cos of the post cost and time delays. Is there maybe a digital version of the papers that we could print?

Heather said...

I think I was kind of #4....I wanted to do these but they are too intimidating! But haven't the pieces already cut makes this waaaay more feasible for me. I would definitely do some kind of purchase program.

Dora, the Quilter said...

Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2013 filled with increasing faith, wellness, and prosperity. You so deserve it!

Rhonda D. said...

Glad to see you back! Happy New Year! Keeping your family in my
prayers. Love those hexies! I am
interested....love those take along
projects.

Your "buddy" in southeast Missouri~
Rhonda

wigglypup2(at)yhaoo(dot)com

Snoodles said...

Happy New Year, Tonya and family!
Here's hoping for happiness, hope and healing in 2013!

elliek said...

Think I might be no 6 on the list. Very exciting. Like Quilt Sue i am not in USA so don't know how the costs would be but I like the idea of them being already cut as I think that is why mine don't meet up so well. Yeah back to AHHH's.

Patty said...

I LIKE this idea. Just maybe.....Oh and I am glad 2013 just might turn out to be good for a lot of us.

Sally said...

Too cool!! Well--I'm thinking that getting 5 at once is probably the way to go.....if that works out! otherwiase, I would like todays at least!! Aren't the folks at Paper pieces wonderful?!!

Leah said...

Go ahead and delete all your unread items. And hugs to you and your family, may 2013 bring health and peace to your family

Linda said...

Awesome news!! Congratulations!

Patty@Granma's said...

So glad to see you are back!! Hope hubby continues to improve. Bless you all with a grand new year!

flowerofshona said...

Great idea but not in the USA :(
But as only paper the postage may not be to bad to the UK ??

Natasha said...

So exciting!! Can't wait to find out more.

Teri said...

I would love to get them all. I might not make them, but I WANT them!

Carla said...

Happy 2013!!!!