to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 20, 2012

January is just around the corner...

Five or six months ago I said that I was backing off blogland awhile until I could start school and 're-group' after that incredibly busy May for ME season! 

Ha, re-group? How I wish the last 4 months would only have been a re-group. No, I do not wish that. I have been through probably some of the hardest times of my life in the last few months but I have grown personally so much during that time. 

 I said (way back when) that I would be back in the New Year, and it looks like that might just be true. I am not the same Hillbilly Tonya that 'left' you though. With life's seasons, and life changes come people changes. While I used to yearn to pick up a needle and thread...I now yearn to take a nap. (lol--seriously!). While I used to have a TON of projects saved that I wanted to do, from BOM's to cute little stitcheries, to EPP projects I've realized that while quilting is still very much a part of my life that I want to return to, it cannot be in the forefront. 

Going into January, Seth and I have ALOT of catching up on school to do, so while I will be returning to blog land, I will be taking it slowly. All of my spare hours are spent down at the fabric shop, (when did that become a fabric shop and stop being my Creation Station anyway??!!)

I have been keeping a HUGE announcement under my hat. It has to do with my Ahhh's. Everytime I came close to getting my act together to reveal, hubby would go back into the hospital. It looks like he is going to be spending much less time at the hospital, so I think my coming back for the New Year is the perfect time to make that announcement, don't you? So be watching! (Jerry--you better not go back into the hospital now after I said that. I feel like I 'jinxed' it.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How is Jerry? He's been doing fairly well (for him anyway.) He was supposed to go to the doc today because his labs were not the best at his last appointment. But we had a big winter storm move through and he couldn't make it.
 He is working. Last week he made it an entire week. This week has been harder and he's missed some time. We know that there will be times that he is probably going to be back in the hospital, etc. He wears out very easily and tries not to over do it. He is on blood thinners now, (FINALLY) so I can breathe easier about his strokes--and the lack there of!
 There were so many times that we just did not think he was going to make it; and were ready if God decided it was time for him to go home. We may never know the reason we had to go through all of that mess, but we know that it all fit into God's perfect plan in some way or other; so we accept is as that is just how it was to be; so be it; learn from it; use it to grow, you know?

How are the boys? Seth is ready to start back on school. He really is. Stephen is getting used to having a daddy again. It has been an adjustment, but he's getting there. 

How am I? Tired. I know I've said that so much, but that really is the truth. I work all my hours late night. The fabric shop continues to grow and grow. The shop is now closed until New Years Eve, so I am going to wrap things up there tonight, then spend my time off cleaning house, working on school, writing lots of thank you notes to many wonderful people, and hopefully sewing a few items; including some Ahhhs. But I am not holding my breath. A week will be over far too quickly, won't it?

If we don't speak again, I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas. Take this time to hold your family close. Life is fragile; we've none to thank for each breath that we take than the One who is the reason for the season, so please remember that above all. 

We'll chat soon. About quiltsy stuff even :)


17 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It is good to hear from you. Keeping fingers crossed, and prayers to say. Happy Holidays

Christine M said...

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas Tonya. I've been thinking of you. Take care of yourself. Hugs, Christine xx

Fiona said...

you have had such a hard few months... lots of love and blessings for a wonderful Christmastime...
Hugz

Sunnybec said...

So so glad to hear things are improving for you and yours. Have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year. Hugs xx

QuiltSue said...

Thanks for letting us know how things are for you.

Have a good break, a happy Christmas and a great 2013.

Rhonda at Cobblestone Quilting said...

Praying for only good things come your way the rest of 2012 and 2013 and beyond!

Angie said...

My wish for you in the New Year. ..

8hours of uninterrupted sleep.

XOXOXO

Snoodles said...

Good to hear from you -- and such good news. Our prayers are answered. Merry Christmas, my friend!

Belinda said...

Praying that 2013 is MUCH better than 2012 was. Glad Jerry is doing better and that you found time to write a post.

Merry Christmas my dear friend. Happy New year too!!

Sheila said...

Tonya I want to take a moment to say I truly hope that you and your family have a wonderful and very Merry Christmas and that 2013 is a much better year health wise for all of your family especially your dear hubby . God Bless.

Carrie P. said...

Merry Christmas!

elliek said...

2013 is going to be a better year health wise for us all... or else!Have a wonderful Christmas and hope you get that 8 hours of much needed sleep. Hugs to you from me.

Linda said...

Ooo, exciting news ahead! Well that sounds fun :) Have a blessed Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year my dear friend! Here is to an amazing 2013! ((hugs))

Pokey said...

I so hope he continues to improve. Life feels on standby when our sweetheart is sick. You need that downtime from the shop, I hope you get to do some resting between the cleaning and holiday prep!! Thinking of you, and wishing you all a Merry Christmas, dear Tonya ~
:-}pokey

Colleen said...

Merry Christmas! Tonya I wanted to send you a card but I have deleted the email that had it in. If yo have time could you send it to me again. Thanks!

VickiT said...

It's good to see you again and with good news too. I'm SO happy to hear hubby is doing so much better. I hope he continues to improve and if that's a slow process, then that's fine too as long as he doesn't slide backwards! We don't want backwards. I can just imagine how exhausted you must be. When my own husband was in the hospital after his heart attack and surgery it was so exhausting on me too and then the stress just adds to you being tired. Your body just wants to shut down to force you to rest because you need that too so you don't push yourself too far.

At least it sounds as if you have given up trying to be superwoman and care for hubby too and your son's schooling. That's going to help you a lot to just take one day at a time and not push yourself too hard. I'm happy to hear that you will slow down a little and focus on your family. That really is the most important thing.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. Merry Christmas Tonya!

Maria Kievit said...

Good to hear from you again! Take care with your family, as they are important! Happy New Year!