Monday, December 3, 2012

A milestone!

Today Jerry turned 51. ( I guess yesterday because this has taken hours for me to get around to typing it all.)

Normally I am not the type to post something like that; as we all have birthdays, you know? Not too exciting to read about all our family members birthdays all around blogland. But when one family has been through what we have been through, I think it is a milestone worth celebrating--even in quilt world!

Since I have last posted, Jerry has been in and back out of the hospital again. Our new normal has become monotonous for blog posts, so I just let that one go. But I do have a funny photo to show you. This is actually missing 2 mugs...but hows this for perspective?? Yes, he's had 9 hospital stays now.

Actually Jerry is doing better. I am not going to say that he is great but he is now on blood thinners and is being monitored closely. That is a sigh of relief...hopefully that will stop the strokes! And internal bleeding has stopped. Once again, I am not going to say that it is over, but for now all is ok.

We are doing good as a family. Here is another funny photo for you. This is a screen shot of my bank account. I edited so that you could only see one little portion...Jerry's paycheck on the first.

Yep, only 95 cents. 
I laughed. But you know what? I could laugh. Why? because of you all. Someone started a walmart gift card shower, and we saved all of those for meds only. Jerry is going through tons of insulin due to his other meds, and the gifts of others have paid for that insulin.  Then our church has just sent random money several times. We never asked. They just did. And I have other friends that have. Someone called tonight and is bringing us over a deep freeze tomorrow. Why? I don't have room for the donated food anymore! We are truly blessed.(although one person has given us about 100 hotdogs or more. Good thing everyone but me likes hot dogs. LOL. But they do take up a lot of tiny freezer space!) Anyway, in spite of a 95 cent paycheck, rent is paid, utilities are paid, and all stomachs are full.

Oh and one more thing. My mother in law gave us some Christmas money. We decided that instead of a bunch of gifts, we wanted a tree. Someday I'll catch up Stephen's blog posts and he'll tell that adventure; but let me tell you my husband did himself in trying to get this family a Christmas tree. Isn't it wonderful that he was able to go with us though?


(No I've not lost a pound, that would be Amy providing a shoulder to my very worn out husband.)

15 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, sweetie, this is so good to hear! And just the photos are a testiment. Many Hugs, and Prayers, and Blessings to you all.

Sunnybec said...

Really good news! Tell him not to overdo things now, take the time to get fully recovered. Hugs x

Pat said...

Tonya, its great news he is now on the blood thinners. Hopefully now the strokes will stop and you can catch a breath.
Lots of love and hugs
Pat xxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooo

charlotte said...

Tonya, I am so happy you have some good news. Hope this month brings lots more your way. I know Stephen will enjoy his tree.

Belinda said...

I'm so glad to see the fruit of our prayers and offerings. God is so good to provide all we need if we are faithful. Love that tree!! I would dearly love a real one but may have to save up through the whole year to buy one. Ha!! So glad you are all able to enjoy a beautiful tree this year and that Jerry made it to another birthday. HooRAY!!!

XXXOOO

Dorian said...

The news is good this morning Tonya. I'm happy that things are going a little better for Jerry. Hugs and prayers

Snoodles said...

Oh, Tonya, what an awesome start to my day! I'm grinning, and so, so happy. What a huge round of blessings, and ever so wonderful to see Jerry on his feet (and under the tree). Still praying for you, girl, but so blessed to see all of these answers to prayers!

PamsPretties57 said...

Hiya Tonya!!! So glad to hear the good news. I know that it takes a great burden off of you. Even though Jerry isn't 'all fixed yet', it's a start. So glad, too, that you're doing well as a family, and that you have so many blessings. Keep us informed, and I'm sure to keep buying fabric, although a bit slower than I have lately, lol. My bank account hasn't appreciated the activity as much as I have enjoyed the fabric. Sending lots of love and positive energy your way. Blessed be, hugs!!!

playamom57 at yahoo dot com

Teresa in Music City said...

So good to see Jerry up and getting out with the family! That's a wonderful milestone indeed :*) Praying for you all to have a very happy holiday and for all of your needs to be met!

elliek said...

Glad that Jerry is feeling better. You deserve a bit of goodness after such a horrible few weeks. Hugs

KatieQ said...

Thank you for sharing this bit of good news. I know a lot of people have been praying for you and Jerry and will continue to do so. It's great that Stephen got to share a special day with his dad.

Maria Kievit said...

Yay! For being able to celebrate milestones! Glad that people are taking care of you. HUGS!!!!!!!!

Pokey said...

I sure was blessed to read this post, dear Tonya! Happy Birthday to your honey. Baby steps; but counting blessings all along the way ~
:-}pokey

Altax said...

Great news!!!

Kids Games

Carla said...

I'm still trying to catch up and just when I think I'm there I get pulled away and don't get to read again for a few days. uuugh.

As of this post it was nice to see Jerry standing and outside getting some fresh air but he needs to take it easy. Hopefully y'all are on the uphill side of good.
Hugs & Blessings