to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Sunday, November 11, 2012

The most daring ride ever...

Of course my hillbilly self cannot help but think about the new ride at  Silver Dollar City, when I think about what is going on in my life right now. It boasts of being "the Most Daring wooden roller coaster" ever made. There is one loopy loop that it does that I feel like I can so relate to. I'll post the video at the bottom so you can see what I am talking about..

So what am I gibbering about anyway? Roller coasters. That's what. Jerry is back in the hospital...

 He had to be taken there by ambulance yesterday(Friday) as he was having mild stroke symptoms.(His left arm is numb) Upon arrival of course they do lots of blood work and tests. His hemoglobin count was at 6.2 (normal is around 14). So first priority was blood transfusion--two bags full--which they drip slow. That process took over 6 hours. They really wanted to fit an MRI of his brain in between bags of blood but communication wires got crossed, so the MRI didn't happen until today. Due to Jerry's current situation three different doctors were basically pacing waiting on the results. But of course, MRI was super busy today and the results never came until later this afternoon(I guess..no ones heard a thing yet) when everybody finally got tired of waiting and left.

Why is that result so important? Jerry is in really between a rock and a hard place. He has so many internal sores which is causing him to be anemic and causing him to need the blood; and also makes it so that he cannot even be on blood thinners. (even aspirin now)

What happens when Jerry is not on blood thinners? He is at a very very high risk for strokes.

So, where does that leave us? Well, hows this..the neurologist looked me right in the eye today and said, "The next two weeks are critical. Until the bleeding gets under control there is nothing I can do. You are at very high risk for more strokes; including a massive one, and there is nothing any of us can do to prevent it."
{{prayer--that's the best anyone can do anyway!}}

So, want to climb on the roller coaster with me? I think I'd rather just step off the one that I'm now, and try a new one..like this one:

31 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh sweetie - hugs and prayers. I think of you every day.

Michelle said...

Hold on tight... hugs and prayers coming your way!

Donna F said...

You have a lot of loving people praying for you. Put it in God's hands and let him do his thing. In the meantime you do your thing and hold it together and take care of you, the boys, and know Jerry is being taken care of in the hospital. Most important is the taking care.of you part, if you're stressing out, so will the boys. You are strong, we've seen it before. You CAN do this. You're not alone. Always know we are all here so you can vent, or get some strength through talking. Praying for you all my friend!

Sunnybec said...

Thinking of you and praying for you. Big Hugs xxx

Belinda said...

None of us know the day or hour we will be called home. And no one will be until God is ready. I don't know what His reason is for allowing all this, but I believe with all my heart there is one. It's so hard to not know why this is happening, or how it's going to end.

We do know that prayer changes things, and there are countless prayers going up all throughout the day for you all.

I do appreciate that you have let us know what is going on all throughout this ordeal. It helps us know what to pray for, and keeps us informed.

God bless you Tonya as well as Jerry and Stephen.

Pat said...

What a roller coaster. Keeping you all in prayer, sweetheart xx

QuiltSue said...

OMG, I really don't know what to say. I am thinking of you all, and sending you lots of virtual hugs {{{{ }}}}

Christine M said...

Thinking of you all and sending hugs.

rosie said...

Tonya, my heart is aching for you. I can only repeat what everyone else has said.. Sending you hugs and know that we are all thinking of you with love..xxxxx

Dorian said...

Continuing prayers Tonya. I wish there was more the Drs could do.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

You certainly are on a roller coaster, aren't you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. hoping things level out for you at least. Take care and try to be as positive as possible.

beaquilter said...

oh wow tonya, thinking of you and praying

Jill Martin said...

Right here with you offering prayers and support. The rolller coaster analogy is right on.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

The hardest times in life make the toughest people on earth. I am glad though that the doctors aren't sugar coating any of it for you. But it still doesn't make it any easier not knowing if Jerry is going to make it or not. Only God knows what is going to happen, and whatever happens it is happening for a reason you may not know why for years to come. {{{HUGS}}} to you and hang in there, your one tough cookie!

Sharon said...

You know you've had my prayers and still do. I'm so sorry you are still going through so many trials, but God knows why and He is with you all the way. Keep leaning on Him and crying out to Him when you think you can't take any more. All those times my daughter was in the hospital, God helped me hold it together for her, but when I came home I fell apart and did a lot of talking to God. Eventually, I began to feel a peace in knowing that I just needed to trust HIM. {{{HUGS}}}

Pam at Antique or Not said...

Hugs and prayers for you and your family. My thoughts will be with you. Hang in there!

Snoodles said...

Thank you for the update, my friend...we can pray for specific needs. Love you so much, and thinking of you daily - praying each day for you, Jerry, the doctors, and the boys.

Anne said...

I'm so sorry, Tonya. Praying that your husband's condition will stabilize, so the various doctors will be able to get him back on track health-wise as much as possible. Praying for you, too.

Denise said...

Hopefully they can get this all straightened out for you. Have you looked into the GAPS diet for your hubby. It might help although he might not like everything he has to eat on it but if it makes him better it might be worth a try.

VickiT said...

OH Tonya! I am so sorry. Please know I'm thinking about you both. I know from my own experience with my husband being in the hospital just one time, how much I wanted to be there with him so I know you will also. Just remember to take care of yourself too please. That's the end of my 'preaching'. ;) You're old enough to know you can't go forever without food and sleep so nuff said there.

I only hope he isn't worrying about you and things at home because he surely doesn't need the added stress right now. I'm so sorry that you're both dealing with this all over again.

Marla's Crafts said...

That is very stressful. Thinking of you and praying that things change.

Pokey said...

Dear Tonya,
It is the unknown cause, and the waiting that is the most painful for us...and yet, the Lord we turn to in prayer is the Healer, our Maker, the Great Physician, the All Knowing, Our God and Father. What does He ask of us? To turn to Him, and ... wait on Him. Hard stuff! But, you are being held in prayer to this Almighty God! I am praying for Him to strengthen you too, since all you feel responsible for is bearing down ~
Many hugs and prayers!! pokey

Pam said...

Oh Tonya, I am so sorry to hear about this, but all things in their time. Will add Jerry to my healing chain, and sending positive thoughts and much love your way. Keep your faith, miracles do happen, Blessed be, hugs!!!

playamom57 at yahoo dot com

elliek said...

You have all been in my prayers but I think I need to switch to just Jerry!!.Will hold you all close to my heart and continue all those prayers. If you are like me I am over proving how strong I am... you are so strong too but wouldn't it be nice to not have to be. Take care, virtual hugs coming your way.

MJ said...

Praying for a full healing for Jerry and His perfect peace for you. Such a hard time. I echo all the comments above. You will get thru this in His love.

Carla said...

Holy cow! Hugs and prayers. And the roller coaster takes another hill.

Rehan Ahmed said...

Online Business as low as $1, Join Now and Get Best Business from Home without any work
AllTimeProfit.com

Rehan Ahmed said...

Funny and Lol Pictures only on this online network in the world, online gags
LolsGag.com

Rehan Ahmed said...

Get Facebook Likes on your fb page, likes on your facebook pictures, followers on your facebook id, shares of your facebook posts, every thing is available here, visit for more details
www.jobzcorner.com

Rehan Ahmed said...

Get Free Online Jobs from home, best ad clicking work, join now
JobzCorner.com/FreeEarning

Rehan Ahmed said...

Viewing the ads, playing games, upgrade plans, more earnings, referral earnings, bonus points and more, join now
Paidverts.com