Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday Randomness...Jerry style

How long has it been since I published a Monday random post? You all used to love them. While life is tough, it is not as tough as it was a couple of days ago. So perhaps today I can bring back some Monday fun, in spite of the subject matter...

---------------------------------------------------------

Jerry finally had a colonoscopy today. After asking for one for like 6 weeks. The results were good, in that they found a ton of bacteria and infection. They showed me photos, it looked awful. Infection everywhere. How is that good? Well...infection does most likely not equal cancer. Biopsies are being done because they already attempted to treat him for an infection of his colon a couple of other times. They keep thinking he has C-diff but it always comes up negative. So...he's got something. He's being treated for C-diff again. (Even though it was negative just yesterday). And they are running biopsies to figure out what in the world it is.

More medical developments in a minute...but first a happy thought...

------------------------------------------------------

Everyone needs one of these:

No, not the quilt. Thats MY HELEN holding the quilt that I gave her when she came up last time Jerry was in the hospital. She dropped everything and came up this time too. MY HELEN is a breast cancer survivor and at least I got this quilt (convergence 2) finished for her just in time for Breast cancer awareness month. Yes, everyone needs a Helen, but this one is MINE.  She leaves tomorrow. sigh.

--------------------------------------------------------

Want to hear my silly moment?


Exhaustion defined:

 I was so tired this morning. I worked all night on the fabric business last night and never went to bed. That in itself is not uncommon. I do that at least once a week. But we all know that right now I have ever so much more on my shoulders. Anyway, I was driving to the hospital early this morning and I know I kept weaving and was trying so hard to keep my eyes open. At one point I thought about stopping at a rest area, but it was still very early and dark and I felt uncomfortable with it. So I continued on...and safely arrived at the hospital at 6 am. I laid my head back on the head rest, sighed with relief and said a prayer of thanks for arriving safely because I knew I was not in good shape. Next thing I knew I awoke to loud music blaring from a cab and it was after 8. LOL, I fell asleep right there in the parking garage for over 2 hours this morning!!! But hey, I didn't miss Jerry's medical tests!

(STOP RIGHT THERE...I DO NOT need a bunch of mother henning. I know you mean well but I am doing the best I can and I am doing what I have to do the exact same as all of you would do if you were in my shoes. But thanks for thinking of me. I AM taking the best care of myself that I possibly can given the circumstances and I will not drive when I am that tired again.) I love you all though. And your concerns. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got home tonight and was playing with Stephen (cuz he needed momma time), when Jerry called and said we need to talk a minute. The cardiologist was just there. Hmmm, didn't know there was a cardiologist on the case! So...here is the surprising development that just showed up tonight....

Jerry has had at least 3 small strokes in the last week or so. So the neurologist called in the cardiologist. They are thinking the small strokes are being caused from Atrial Fibrillation. (A fib). I guess sometimes Jerry's heartbeat is a bit off and it shoots these A fibs which the doctor described as almost Micro Bursts. But when it happens, it shoots those little clots of blood and those cause Jerry to stroke. Right now they are all small strokes, but at some point it could cause a massive stroke. So after Jerry gets the stomach stuff cleared up and after he gains some strength, they are going to implant a heart monitor and monitor him for the next three years. 

I really don't know much more as I was already home when this doctor came today with this latest development. I will get up early in the morning and find out more.

---------------------------------------------------------

The boys are well. Seth is quite occupied with something fun that I really want to blog about sometime. You'll love that story. And as for Stephen, it seems he is passed around to everyone right now. So I always try to find fun things to do with him when we are together. We've been doing lots of leaf paintings, and also some great tub painting projects. Like this one:


Those were taken in the dark for his glow in the dark black light tub painting. He'll blog about it someday.

------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know when Jerry will go back to work.While at three months he can get short term disability he is not there yet so we currently have no income( well we continue to get financial gifts in the mail weekly!) except for my fabric group. I was going to say, "My little fabric group". Little it is not. I logged on tonight when I got home and I approved my 600th member. How exciting is that? I promised them a nice giveaway, so I need to go find something fun.

I have 35 emails yet to even read. Most are loving comments from you all. I look forward to a quiet moment when I can sit and enjoy your outpouring of love and prayers.

Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------

What is Monday Randomness without my rapid fire comment section? You all love this..but if you are new, here is the deal. You can only answer in ONE WORD ANSWERS, and you have to say the first thing that comes to your brain:

1) How many hours of sleep a night do you sleep on average?
2) What is one thing you could not live without. "Everyone needs a ____________________"
3) If you need mother henned about something, what would it be?
4) When you are stressed what 'bad' thing do you turn to? (meaning many will say that we need to turn to God, and I agree but the human side of us gets in the way all too often. Sweets are my stress comfort. Ugh.)
5) Ok, this does not have to be a one word answer: What exciting thing have I missed out on in blogland in the last 3 months? Give me some fun answers!!






14 comments:

Shannon said...

1) 4
2) Family
3) Worry
4) Speed
5) To clarify the answer to 4, I mean in the car...driving fast. I actually blogged, so that's freakin amazing.

glad to hear they are getting some answers for Jerry.

njerzgal said...

1) How many hours of sleep a night do you sleep on average? 4
2) What is one thing you could not live without. "Everyone needs a __hugs__________________"
3) If you need mother henned about something, what would it be? sleep
4) When you are stressed what 'bad' thing do you turn to? (meaning many will say that we need to turn to God, and I agree but the human side of us gets in the way all too often. Sweets are my stress comfort. Ugh.)- food
5) Ok, this does not have to be a one word answer: What exciting thing have I missed out on in blogland in the last 3 months? clueless

Vroomans' Quilts said...

1. Being an insomniac - that number is a little hard for me - but I get a lot done!
2. Family & friends - right now friends are a lot more closer!
3. Stop smoking
4. and the stress led me back to the smoking!
5. Too many blog hops!! And seeing some of my bloggers with their seam rippers in hand just like me - we are all in the same boat.

My goal is to relax and try to calm till the end of the year - but the shoe will hit the floor at some point.

crescendogal said...

1. 6-7 hours of sleep on average
2. Everyone needs a HUG!
3. being too hard on myself
4. FOOD
5. not sure about blogland...but I had a 'gift-a-way' on my page and had 18,212 entries....whoa! lol

continued prayers for you all <3

elliek said...

Sorry no random answers but so glad you are getting some answers at last. Hugs and prayers.

beaquilter said...

8-10 :-) (reason my I emailed you- sorry)
family
house cleaning...?
biting my nails.
I'm doing EQ7 tutorials on my blog - tutorial tuesday :-)

Belinda said...

1. 8 (with the help of a little green pill only)
2. LOVE
3. Exercise
4. Sweets
5. Depends on which blogs you are following... ;)

Dorian said...

I'm so glad to hear that Jerry is finding some answers to his medical issues Tonya! Cause if he has answers, he can finally get the right treatment. Keep on keeping on girl :)

MamaMasse11 said...

1) 6-7
2)Hug <3
3)Stress
4)CHIPS!
5)My life is pretty much the same all the time, so there's nothing really missed per say. I'm always henned about how much I let stress me out. I'm working on that. But I can honestly say crafting helps so much. I can release my pent up energy and frustration on creating one of a kind pieces <3 The sewing machine pedal must hate me sometimes lol.

Sunnybec said...

This will be quick as we have been out all day and I am shattered. Really really good news about Jerry, at last you have some answers and something can be done. Keep smiling. Hugs :-) xx

Snoodles said...

Well, I'm glad that the doctors are moving forward and getting some answers for you and Jerry. (Bout time!)
Love Stephen's art work...still praying for you, sweetie. Hugs and prayers coming your way!

Margaret said...

1. 6
2. A quilt
3. Eating
4. Carbs
5. Ghastly......I am really liking all of the projects I am seeing with the ghastly fabrics. I don't have a blog but in my life, my grand daughter arrived a month early and spent two weeks in the NICU. I moved in with my daughter to help out and did not sew for five weeks. Bummer! I usually sew every day.

Sherry said...

I spent some time catching up with you this morning. You are in my prayers.
1) 6 hours
2) Family
3) Letting precious moments pass me by being too busy.
4) chocolate
5) So many blog hops that look fabulous but I too have missed most of them and not done much blogging.

Carla said...

1. 5-6 for a week at a time then I need 2-3 days of 8-9
2.family and friends
3.sleep and exercise
4.food
5. Me and my blog. LOL JK.

Take care of yourself. Hugs from Texas