Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ahhhh 36--Octagon

How GOOD it is to work on an Ahhhh. I knew I had one drawn up for you but forgot in all the craziness. So here it is. Not a hard one at all. There will be 'geometric' hexagons more often now. I've put them off for awhile knowing that I have some serious star lovers out there.

The Octogon Hexagon was first published in the Farm Journal and Farmers Wife around 1941.




My colored version: 


Note each of these sections is a tumble block;
the entire block is colored like this:


Below not my work but will give you an idea of how this could look;
credit to Jinny Beyer


3 comments:

beaquilter said...

reminds me of the game Q-bert :-) glad to see you back to blogging

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I was thinking the same thing - Q-bert! Nicely done and yes, glad to see you.

elliek said...

WOW. Think I can manage this one quickly. I saw one star on the right but obviously there are more.. it's a bit magic eye sort of block!