to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Ahhhh 35--Dutch Tile

A little note about the home front before bringing you this weeks ahhhh....
Jerry has been off work; home ill for two weeks. He has finally just agreed today to go to the doctor; as he has taken a turn for the worse today. It is something stomach related--most likely gall bladder. (as we already know he has gall bladder disease.) He is having very strange symptoms...and NO he won't go to ER...well he said he just might in the morning. If not; he has an appointment with the gastro doc on Monday morning. (Hey, that is good for this man!)

I just realized today that it was two years ago today that he had his stroke. It took more than 3 days to get him to the ER for that! My inner me worries though, because his symptoms match the symptoms he had when they discovered his colon cancer. Well, anyway, you know me...just fly by the seat of my pants while carrying the world on my shoulders.

My little fabric business continues to grow and while I am not making as much as I would working outside of the home...I don't think I've eaten a bowl of beans since I started it up. LOL!!!! I am serious! I am very weary as I often have to stay up until 3 to work; but still so happy to be at home and not complaining at all about that! The ladies are so kind (as all quilters are!) and they encourage me, and help me as we all learn how to do this together.

I have two different people looking into helping me learn to draw the ahhhhs in a computer program. Isn't that wonderful?? Oh I just cannot wait...ecstatic!

Speaking of ahhhs...I love this week's as much as the last one. Of course with all going on; I didn't get it sewn, but I did get it colored...and the best part of that? As I ran upstairs to help my husband as he was gripped with vomiting (again)(no--that is not the best part); Stephen took over and helped me. (that is the best part) He is so gifted!

I needed to bring you this ahhhh. I know I didn't have to. But I did. For me. Hope you enjoy it :)

----------------------------------

Ahhhhh 35 ---the Dutch Tile--- was published in the World Herald on Jan 4, 1934.

I started using new ahhhh drawing tools, and they work better than anything I've tried yet!
Yes, these Pilot friXion pens.
 Did you know that that was an eraser on the end? It works so good, and doesn't leave any residue and completely removes the lines.

When I started drawing, I actually used the sewline pencil.
While it worked good for me, I know now that it is hard for you to see.
I am going to go buy some more FriXion colors tomorrow.

If you look really closely you can see that the hexagon is slice divided.
Then it has three lines borders all the way around the top, one at 1/4"; 1/2" and 3/4". (of course this is because my triangles are 1/2" size.)










This proud mother was quite impressed with his red line on the right side.
I wasn't there, but we've been working on him drawing on lines when we do his school work.
I can tell he tried to stay inside the area--that makes for a proud teacher-momma!


9 comments:

Donna F said...

I love this! And tell Stephen he did a great job. Maybe one day he will be a fabric designer and we will all own a piece of his ahhhs!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I just went to check on you and
bing' you have a post up! It never rains, but pours. I can't say anything as I am one who has to be dragged to the ER or Dr, too. Many prayers and blessings. Went to see if you had anything new up on the fabric page - I don't facebook, but I do like your page on the blog.

Belinda said...

I sure hope and pray Jerry finds out it's something simple that can be treated. I know it's hard not to fret, even when we continue to tell ourselves that God is in control.

Love Stephen's help. He's really a special and gifted child. :)

Mommarock said...

My goodness.. MEN!! They are just impossible. I hope he finds some answers that make him (and you) feel better SOON! The Ahhh is spectacular, and gosh just a wee bit challenging. I LOVE IT! Stephen, your Ahhh is Amazing and I'm thinking just a wee bit too difficult for me to handle.

elliek said...

AAGGGHHH I am already 2 behind but this one is spectacular.

Sunnybec said...

Hope Jerry is okay, wish men wouldn't be so stubborn and go to the Drs straight away! Do you know if you iron over the lines drawn with a Frixion pen they disappear! I love them, I use them all the time for stitchery.

QuiltSue said...

Aren't men just the end sometimes? I do hope he gets to the doctor soon and it's something easily sorted out.

Tell Stephen his line is wonderful. I reckon you're training him up to be a fabric designerr when he's a bit older.

Snoodles said...

Tonya, many prayers are going up for Jerry from here in SC. I sure hope that he does get some help soon...
Love your Ahhh and Stephen's work, too!

Sherry said...

I hope that things are improving for Jerry. My hubby had a triple by pass this summer, kind of out of the blue, so my blogging and most other things have slowed down a bit. I was thinking about you this morning so I thought I would check to see what is up. Now I know how to pray for you and your family.