to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ahhhh 34-- Diamond String

Today's Artistic, Hexotic, Hop-A-Long, Hex-a-long, Hillbilly, Hectic Hexie was designed by Nancy Page and appeared in The Nashville Banner on March 6, 1934.

I really love this design...only for some reason almost every thing I touch since Stephen was born--I completely mess up. (Wait til you see what I did to Convergence #3. Oy!!)

So...here is...once again NOT MY VERSION: (but very pretty in spite of the fuzz)...

And I bet you will be SO happy with me...because this is an easy one this week!






I'll not make you wait until I fix all my wrong colors.
You'll just have to deal with push pins instead.






11 comments:

Linda said...

Oh I think I can make this one! I'm still amazed at how tiny some of these pieces are. Your's is very pretty. Love the cute little turtles swimming in formation. lol Oh and I chickened out of Convergence project #3 and made Project one again. lol

beaquilter said...

that is really cute love the colors

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Looks really cool, thanks for sharing.

Carrie P. said...

cool!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

See, I would have not known the error - I like how this looks as is, and the cute turtles really look sweet.

Belinda said...

I like that. :)

Snoodles said...

Love the turtles! That is a really cool Ahhh! :)

Colleen said...

Another amazing block.

elliek said...

Love this one and I think the turtles are so cute.I like your colour combo. Will get to this one soon.The get up and go has got up and gone at the moment!!

Heather Harper said...

I love it, Sis! I'm hoping to get started on some soon. lol Maybe...

Kelli said...

That is lots of paper piecing. Amazing.