to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Again...

Off to the hospital again this morning...

Jerry refuses to go to hospital #2. Wants to return to hospital # 1. (it is a LOT closer and right by Amy. And not in the middle of downtown KC. I will have to admit it is much more handy in a lot of ways.)

I've watched Jerry deteriorate before my eyes. He barely eats enough to stay alive--at least in my book. He eats less than Stephen does.Often what he does eat, comes back up. When he does try to get out of bed, it lasts for 10 min or less. And only twice a day to try to eat. He is losing so much weight. Don't know pounds...just see it.

His blood sugars are fine now; he is taking his insulin.
His headaches continue.
His nausea continues.

And there is the patter of little feet...I have to go get everyone ready for a long hard day...

ps..I have an ahhhh drawn up for tomorrow so if you don't see it right away, keep watching and I'll get it posted the minute I have time to edit the photos.

18 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Prayers are still with you all.

Angie said...

I am so sorry you're dealing with this.

Praying for Jerry, for you and for answers!

Belinda said...

We all continue to pray Tonya. Please God tell the doctors what is wrong so they can fix it!

beaquilter said...

praying everthing goes well and recovers soon

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Seen a few friends over the weekend, and her daughter all of a sudden kept throwing up everything. Bought a pregnancy test, nope. The little thing got down to 98 pounds, and was sick, sick, sick. Finally got her in to the see a doctor, she came back out and when her mom asked if they found anything, she said yes, I am pregnant. Her moms response was what, what, what..............well we will take you being pregnant over anything else that was floating through my mind. I wish the answer for you and Jerry was this easy too!

Rhonda at Cobblestone Quilting said...

Tonya, there is a condition called diabetic gastroparesis, just one of the horrible long-term effects of diabetes. I am not sure if Jerry sees an endocrinologist or diabetologist, but that is something you should strongly encourage him to do. Without adequate nutrition, he could very likely go into DKA again. Why do men have to be so darned stubborn??
Also, a low-carb diet is an absolute no-no for diabetics as it can rapidly cause renal dysfunction and thus dialysis for the rest of his life. Make sure he is getting the good carbs and covering those with his insulin.

Sunnybec said...

Oh Hun, I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said. If all the well wishes could make him better he would be climbing mountains and running marathons. Know we are all with you even though we may be so far away... Big Hugs xxxxx

Pam at Antique or Not said...

Still praying for you and your family, Tonya. So sorry that you're going through this.

Hugs,
Pam

Teresa aka MarieSews said...

My thoughts are with you. My DH is also diabetic and it's a royally pain keeping him healthy. Blessings and prayers being sent your way.

Take Care of yourself too!

Teresa

Snoodles said...

Tonya, wish I could be there and help with the pitter patter, and give you a hug. Still praying for you, and hope the doctors find the reason soon... Love you!

Mommarock said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, you must be so scared at this point. I wish I lived close, and could be a good neighbor. I'll send prayers and hugs your way.. I do so wish there were more that I could do!

hope said...

I have been praying for your family since I heard. Sending hugs your way. Wish I was closer so that I could be there for you. Hope

Pokey said...

So sorry, keep hoping and praying!
:-}pokey

Patty said...

Oh MAN! Y'all have been through the ringer and back again. Prayers are floating all over y'all. Hang in there and don't worry about the blog. Keep with Hubs and we will be here rooting for y'all.

Michelle said...

Sending a prayer right now your way!

QuiltSue said...

I can't offer to help by cooking, looking after Stephen, or anything like that, living in the UK, but I am keeping you all in my thoughts. This must be so scary, I hope the docs can sort him out soon.

elliek said...

Thinking of you all. Hang in there. You will get answers. Don't even think about the AHHH's!

Auntie Pami said...

Don't worry about the mail, not a huge hurry. Take are andbe sure to eat yourself. Hugs to you and hope he gets the right doctor to diagnose him.