to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Friday, August 24, 2012

Places of Interest

While I am on my little blog break I want to share some places of interest with you. I have found that while I didn't use to like spending much time on facebook I have stumbled upon their groups and those I just love. They are a quick read, you can ask a question about something and get an immediate answer and it just works for me right now while I am using my computer 'on the fly'. Often through out the day Seth has to use my computer for school so it is nice to just read something real quick in between subjects then hand the computer right back to him.

Here are some groups that I thought might interest you (and some really cute photos down below!):

Celebrate Hand Quilting

For the Love of Paper Piecing--for both English and Foundation paper Piecing

Crafters Finished Items--a place to sell your finished goods; fee free!

Fabric de stash Auction--you can auction off your fabric fee free.

Non fabric auction--same as the fabric group but for all other craft stuff. Lots of yarn, thread, beads, etc end up on this site.

There are many others. I know Marcia is in some groups that I am not in; but these are the ones that interest me the most.

A word about the fabric auction. I also sell buy out fabric on that site and am quite excited about it. This is the reason why I've been completely absent. Before I had time to pop in...but now I am so busy with this fabric. I am hoping that by selling fabric we will finally make enough $$ to make ends meet by the end of the month. When I first ordered fabric in, I just sold it for what I bought it for (I did add in shipping, etc.; but mainly I did it to get a free 1/2 yd end of the bolt) But the ladies talked me into adding some $ to it for my benefit so I finally took their advice and started doing that. I'm offering some pretty good deals and we as a family are working on it together as you can see:

All Aboard the Fabric Train!
I hold all the fabric for my buyers until they fill a flat rate box.
When cutting and dispersing a buy, I line them all up in a row so I can quickly cut and place.
Stephen doesn't like it so much when I put the boxes back up onto the shelves when I'm finished til the next time.


Everytime I take photos Stephen runs over and puts his foot on the fabric. 
I gave up trying to stop him, and now they are used to seeing tiny feet in the photos.
(This is Riley Blake Flannel I was able to offer for $3.70)


Stephen just loves it when a buy comes to our door. 
The fabric is all wrapped in plastic and it becomes stair cases,
castles, tunnels...and in this case...a bed.


8 comments:

beaquilter said...

nice links, don't quite understand how the fabric FB page works, but I'll look into it more.

Rachel said...

I am a little slow too, LOL, but I will figure it out!

Snoodles said...

I'm so glad this is working out for you! Yay, you! You persevered and found a way to do it! Hugs!

Carrie P. said...

Hope you do well selling the fabric.

Colleen said...

I love the destash page ! It is a great place to add to and sell from your stash!

Melissa said...

Call me a dork, but I just can't get the hang of the new Facebook! But thanks for the links. Maybe that will help. Or maybe I'll just nap with Stephen!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I don't face book - glad you have found something that is working well for you.

Carla said...

Thanks for the links. I'll have to go check out.