to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, July 5, 2012

So, ahhhh, random...

The ahhhhs are getting harder. I've been working on the current one for about 4 hours. It's still not done, but almost. I am glad that I changed to posting them every other week for sure!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I am still here. Well not HERE too much, obviously. Or THERE where you are. My current big time taker is school. It starts in just a month in the Hillbilly Household. (August 11). This year it will be about 4 times as hard...as it is time to start preschool with the little one. I am not a fan of teaching the wee little ones, and it takes a lot more prep work for me than the older ages. All those games and crafts etc. I am also trying to find as much FREE stuff as I can on the net. I will be writing his curriculum soon (right now I am still gathering). So, yeah, that's pretty much where I am right now.

---------------------------------------------------------------

What good things have I missed around here? I want to know!

------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget we have a campfire day coming up very soon! I just cannot wait to taste a juicy marshmallow. mmmm. I will actually be away all day that day, but will enjoy my yummies and still post for you.

Also coming up is the Ricky, Linda and I Convergence Event. LOL, I think I change the name of it every time.

---------------------------------------------------------

I have been trying to get my Etsy shops opened. Do you know how much I HATE running online shops? I am a retail shop manager. It's what I've always done. Brick and Mortar that is! It just irritates me all the time it takes to get things into an Etsy shop. Photos, listing, networking, whatever. I'm trying...but grudgingly.

I am opening 3 stores. Over the next few days I will share the first two. I've not even made any products for the third but it is actually the one that I am the most excited about.

--------------------------------------------------------

I sold off a ton of fabric on the destash page on fb to pay for my dogs eye surgery. It worked. Only I had to get rid of the dog. Go figure. I only had him two weeks, in that time I spent over $200 on him medically (all very proudly paid for with my stash),and LOVED having him sleep on my tootsie toes every night. But he was a barker. Lots and lots of barking. Would never stop all night or when we left him during the day. We tried kennel and no kennel. He would sleep with me but with every single sound would bark. Even wind or bugs! We live a duplex. Nope that wasn't good. I found a lady that just adores Cocker Spaniels as much as I and she said we could come visit him whenever we want. She assured me the barking wouldn't bother her. I've given up on getting a dog until we can get a home. That might be a very long while.

---------------------------------------------------------

My husband did apply for a promotion at another prison. We never know about these things. Usually they prefer to promote from within their own prison but Jerry has an impressive college background plus came with good referrals from his boss so we will see. It is about 35 miles away from home, so that would mean a good portion of his raise would be eaten up in gas money. You know what that means don't you? Yep, it's been two years. Time to move again. IF he gets the job.

---------------------------------------------------------

My plant based diet is going very well. Even my daughter has watched a ton of documentaries and has gotten in on it. She is about as skinny as a bean pole, but this is about lifestyle, not a diet really. Did you know that they have proven that meat fat causes cancer tumors to grow? And that if some go on a plant based diet, their tumors go away? I know it seems far fetched but there are lots of documentaries out there about this stuff people; watch one or two.

----------------------------------------------------------

I am sure (even though I've not been around to read) that Andy has been a big topic of interest in blogland. I really did like him. I had to post this song to fb right after he passed. It kind of brought a tear to my eye:



10 comments:

elliek said...

life is never dull in your household. Shame about the dog but barkers are a problem. I am just cutting up last times Ahhh so am well behind but look forward to the next one when you get it done.

Grammasheri said...

Best of luck on your new shops. I have been trying to get up the courage to open one myself. Maybe I'm just too lazy. But you're definitely not and I hope you'll let us all know when your shops are up and running! Hoping your curriculum-building efforts go smoothly!

Sunnybec said...

Aww what a shame about the dog, but I am not sure I could put up with a barker either. We have been very lucky with our dogs, Lady never barks and Sam only barks when people come to the door.... though he forgot to bark when we had our car broken into right outside our house!!! xx

QuiltSue said...

I'm sorry about the dog, but he's obviously gone to a good home where he will be loved just as much as you did.

I watched that video, and the song made me cry, it was lovely.

Linda said...

Hello dear friend! So sorry about the dog, but I am glad you found him a good home. I am excited to get started with Convergence quilts with you and Ricky. Life is a bit nuts for me (I stupidly thought summer was relaxing, lol) but I can't wait to devote some time to sewing again. I have my fabric and book all ready to go :) I'm also saying a prayer that your husband gets the new job!

Linda said...

Hello dear friend! So sorry about the dog, but I am glad you found him a good home. I am excited to get started with Convergence quilts with you and Ricky. Life is a bit nuts for me (I stupidly thought summer was relaxing, lol) but I can't wait to devote some time to sewing again. I have my fabric and book all ready to go :) I'm also saying a prayer that your husband gets the new job!

Nana B said...

Our dog has finally stopped barking at the wind but it took 12 years.


Keep up the good work with the plant based life style!

Heather said...

So sorry about your dog. I know how much you wanted to have one! Good luck doing preschool. I'm not even going to attempt it yet. I'm not really in a rush though. I'm going to just take this year to focus on Ian & see where we go from there. About your shops: I suggest you read through (& copy if you want) my shop, shipping, etc. policies. And stick to them so people don't walk all over you. I ship Mon & Fri only, which is clearly stated, & have had NO complaints. Those specific days cut down a lot of time. Anyways, ask if you need help with the shops! :)

VickiT said...

Have you seen this site to help with the school prep planning? There are a number of others linked from hers. She has a great amount of free printables so I'm sure you will like visiting. ;)

http://totallytots.blogspot.com/

Good luck with everything else, especially hubby and the job stuff which is very hard right now.

Carla said...

I'm sure I could have done it if I had to but when I went to work for the school district I was offered a position in an elementary and middle school. I don't have a problem really with little kids but I went for the the middle school. Some how I thought it would be easier. 3 yrs in attendance and 6 years in the assistant principals office I was ready to go back to the adult world. LOL. Just getting to old to deal.