to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Missing

I am missing blogging. I am missing each of you. I know I've said that alot. But tonight I am running into a bit of inner irritation at my lack of self time.

I am a needy person of alone time. I've always been that way, and sometimes my family just doesn't 'get it', that when I start getting irritable and frustrated that all I really need is some time ALONE.

Do you any of you get that way, or is it just me being selfish? Well, I don't think I am being selfish about it. So there. LOL

And I am one of these people that HATE getting interrupted when in the middle of a big project. So I've been doing alot of LATE night work on school to avoid interruption. (which makes me more tired and irritable I suppose.)

I so wish I could sneak out of the house for a candy bar right now. I am trying soooo hard to be good.

I wanted to work on a convergence quilt for this week...but it didn't happen. My #2 is getting close to being finished though. Got the applique done. Maybe I can share that in a few days.

Ok, my little vent is over. Just got Stephen to bed (at 11:30 pm!) so I guess I have a date with Ancient Greece....

Hey, thanks for letting me vent. I know you didn't really have a choice, but I think most of you understand more than anyone around here that I could vent to.

I'll take a break after Greece and get that quilt done. I think I need it; and I can't wait to share it with you.

14 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Absolutely have to have my alone time!!! That was the one thing that almost detailed my marriage because my husband had a problem with that .... Until he finally came to see that it was good for him too when I was able to have that time. Now be's fine with it.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Having had 3 kids within 18 mos of each other - yeah, Irish Triplets I think they call it (all premies) - I remember those days. I didn't home school, but worked 2-3 jobs (single mom) so really ME time never was for a long time. Now I have all the me time I want and love it. People always ask if I'm lonely - NO.

elliek said...

mMe time is so important. Be kind to yourself.

Dorian said...

Me too Tonya! I need my alone time....which I get early in the morning...it's 4am as I tpe this :) early to bed, early to rise...lol

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Me time is very important otherwise you can't get anything else done nicely. I use to go on strike. NO chores, no helping the kids, nothing, just me and my time. They all finally GOT it. They didn't like me on strike for a week at a time. So I told them, when I say it is MY evening, you don't talk to me, you don't ask me questions, nothing......unless the house was on fire or someone was dying. Otherwise I was going on strike again. Now when I start to get cranking and irritable, my husband sends me to my sewing room. :D

krisgray said...

It's taken years but DH finally gets that I need the quiet/alone time therapy. He doesn't always realize *when* I need it until I practically yell, "I'm taking tomorrow off!" Then he will deal with the dishes and DS.

Belinda said...

We all need time alone to recover from demands and busy-ness. I know if I don't get at least 15 minutes of me time a day, whether it be reading, sewing or just vegging out in front of the computer, I get very stressed out. The husband understands this totally, because he often needs me time in the woods. That's his sanctuary, mine is my sewing room.
Vent anytime. We are always here to listen/read and try to help. :)
Looking forward to convergence #2!!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

when you said that "we didn't have a choice but to listen to you vent" you were wrong....we can always click our mouse and go to another page......but when we have a blogging friend that needs to be heard.....we listen. We all need "alone" time or we will not be any good to all those others pulling at us from every direction........I loved reading some of the other comments here too.....most of the significant others, etc, have learned that in order to get the best part of us, they must give us part of that time too.......

Rhonda at Cobblestone Quilting said...

We all need it. We need to be still so we can listen to God whisper so He does not have to get our attention in some other way. I put in a lot of work hours, so I get really grumpy when I do not have quilting time. My sweet husband will see the mood coming on and say, "I think you need to go quilt for a while." Bless him.

QUILTONLINE said...

You've received a prize from me,
ON MY blog.
CONGRATULATIONS for your creations.

Barbara said...

Definitely need a lot of alone time. Being alone does not mean being lonely. We live in the middle of nowhere, and so we seldom have visitors. I like it that way. Me and my kitties . . . that's all I need. Sometimes I even let my husband come around!

Snoodles said...

"My sister made me" has it exactly right...you came to your bloggy friends just because if we wanted to, we COULD click away -- but we don't, because we care. We've all been there, done that, and some of us are busy making the tee shirts to sell. LOL I'm like some of the others here....my hubby sees the mood coming on, and sends me off to sew and/or quilt. His is tractor time. It's all good. Hugs to you, my dear friend!

Julie Fukuda said...

I honestly worry about the young people of today that are always connected by cell phone or text messages and seem to need others to feel valued. Time to yourself should be appreciated by all.

Carla said...

I think we all get that one at times. Not too long ago I did and I was home alone and went into my sewing room with out my phone too. That was bad because I never heard it ring and so everyone was looking for me. So unlike me to not have my phone handy. Everyone was mad at me and it ruined what was a good day for me. We all got over it after a while. Now I go into my room and take my phone. LOL