to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Convergence Day Three: Sew and eat cake!

Yesterday I left of with showing the beginning of the converging. Today we will begin with sewing those together.

Now, I have to tell you that Ricky has included some tips on the seams that I just had to share:

"Watch the seams as best as you can....If you don't get them to match perfectly, leave them alone. This (middle) seam will be soon cut out and tossed away. Also, if you get to the end of a seam on the outside edge of the quilt and it doesn't match perfectly, don't worry about it."

Who doesn't love instructions like those?? 
(Just wait it gets better.)

I sewed all those strips together...



And now we are halfway done.
Here is where Ricky Tims gives the best advice of all. I quote:

"Congratulations! You have completed the first half of your Harmonic Convergence quilt. It's time to celebrate. Take a break. Admire your work. Treat yourself to a slice of chocolate cake!"


(Image from Hershey's of course!)

Hey, you are all joining me on this journey. Better go get yourself a slice of cake.
Tomorrow is an Ahhhh day so Convergence will return on Friday.












5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Gotta love it when you get to have treats! Looking good - love that asian print.

Linda said...

Love these types of directions. lol No seams to stress over and you are told to eat cake too! Man, I think I am in Love with Ricky! haha

beaquilter said...

fun! did you have some cake??

elliek said...

Those are my sort of instructions. One day I will do a convergence. Yours is looking good.

Snoodles said...

It's looking great! Can I substitute another kind of cake? LOL