to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Monday, July 9, 2012

Convergence Day one


Ready to begin? Or at least watch?

The first project in the book was super fast and easy; if you are working along with me do NOT feel like you need to go at my pace. I actually plan on making a couple more before moving onto project 2. And I am using these as applique background, and since I am now doing all hand applique it will take me a bit to get three or so projects completed before moving on. That way if you fall in love and want to make one as well you will have 'catch up' time all built in. 

(Note: for those that are new to my blog...when I go through a book like this, I do like to discuss step by step with lots of photos. I do that on purpose to help those that are joining me. BUT--books are copyrighted. I will not reveal enough here on the blog for you to make the projects on your own without purchasing the book.)

If you are making these and do not have a blog, then please feel free to send photos and I will share them. 
Be sure to follow Linda's Blog to see her progress. She is a tad busy right now so she might not post right away, but Linda is a follow through kind of gal so she'll get one up when she can.

Here we go:

For the first project we were to cut four different squares of fabric same size around a 14"-16" square. Of course the fabric that I chose only was large enough for a 13"--so I went with it. 

The fabrics were to be laid out in such a way that if there were two that were similar they had to be diagonal from one another, and any large scale prints should be on the bottom. 

So here is what I came up with:

A bit zoomed in:


First step after laying them all out in a good order;
we were to sew two sides together a certain way, but not all four sides together.


Well, that's enough for today. Just enough to get your curiosity up, right?




5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You are a tease! Great Asian prints...

Belinda said...

You are so bad. ;) This is gonna be fun to watch though!

QuiltSue said...

I'm going to enjoy watching you Converge. I have made one in the past, so that's why I'm not joining you.

Linda said...

I'm late, I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date, I'm late, I'm Late, not time for Hello Goodbye, I'm late I'm late...(from the Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland. lol) I will play wit Convergence today and hope to post later today :)

Carla said...

And Watch I shall.
I'm watching you... LOL