Friday, July 13, 2012

Convergence Day Four: An almost finish!

Can you tell how perfectly easy and fun this quilt has been? I am not going to spread out the step by step anymore past today because it is simply the same as we already did earlier in the week.

Turn the quilt on the side and slice it up:

Converge it together in the same way as before, and sew it up:

Convergence DONE! Of course, my little quilt needs something. It is just ok right now but it doesn't WOW me. Borders would help, but so would something else.

Oops! I am out of time. Guess you can't see what I added until next week!
(Plus it's not finished.)

IF you would like to do a convergence of your own, then another blog post has been shared with me. It shows step by step with exact measurements (which I refused to do.)

There are 3 other projects in the book that I cannot wait to do as well!!
Of course I will share them with you :)
I was going to do some more of these before I started on them..but what if I like the others better?
I think I will just keep moving (as soon as the first gets finished to completion. I am a finishing kind of person. Don't like extra projects hanging around.)


8 comments:

Christine M said...

Looks good Tonya.

Linda said...

It looks great. Can't wait to see what you add to it to make it a Wow! I am almost done with mine :)

beaquilter said...

fun fun.
If you like this, you should look up the book bargello with a twist, it's "sort of" like this, it's all blocks. but each strip of fabric is a different width which you sew together, then subcut into different widths again and the result is stunning!
http://www.amazon.com/Bargello-Quilts-Twist-Maggie-Ball/dp/0896895971/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342186430&sr=8-1&keywords=bargello+with+a+twist

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

"Hillbilly Handiworks" has been included in an edition of Thinking of Christmas Gifts in July for 2012. I hope this helps to point many new visitors (not to mention customers!) in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2012/07/thinking-of-christmas-gifts-in-july_13.html

elliek said...

Loving your quilt. Have done the AHHH and that centre bit is a doozy!

Susana said...

Gracias por compartir.Me encanto.

QuiltSue said...

Hmm, what did you add? A butterfly? A silhouette of Stephen? A cut out of a miniature pony? A watering can?? No idea, so I'll look forward to seeing it next week. I love how your fabrics all worked together so brilliantly by the way.

Barb said...

What a lovely quilt