Monday, June 4, 2012

Thank you all!

Yep, we have a black out; and while we need to officially wait until tomorrow to see if it is challenged I am gathering my stacks of words (all 2352 of them) and getting ready to turn them over to the great Bingo game in the sky.

We have had a lot of fun. I want to thank each of you for your kind words, and encouragement, and laughs at my mistakes along the way.

I am going to take a break from here. I just have to; as I really need the break from the constant computer.

I do want to point out a couple of things real quick:

* Marcia is having a big fabric garage sale linky party on her blog. She's posting new items every day; as are others. Go check out her linky party.

* For an indefinite amount of time Thursday Ahhh's will only be posted every other week. I can think of only one of you that this will affect greatly and she's a very understanding person.

* I've started a big fabric and other sewing related supplies destash bidding site on facebook. In just a few days it's grown to over 75 people. I expect it to keep growing. It will remain open as long as fb does probably. All one needs is a facebook account to buy and sell and destash to your hearts content. If you are interested GO TO THIS SITE and request to be a member of the group. (And for those of you worried that I am putting another iron in the fire--not so. This one does all the work on it's own. I just started the page.)

* I've given up my Bible study blog completely and Snoodles is taking it over full time. Of course, Stephen's blog needs some serious attention and his Nanny has been telling me so!

* I wonder how long it will take me to catch up on over 3000 blog posts? Any guesses? That's where I'll be in my spare computer moments...

* I will be back in a couple of days ago. I've a finish to show you. Binding on tomorrow, then photos. I cannot wait to share. It's taken me a couple of months but I love it!




14 comments:

SewCalGal said...

2352 words? Are you crazy? Wow, what a challenge. But sew much fun!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Teresa in Music City said...

Congrats on finally getting blackout!!! Thanks again so much for hosting the Bingo games with the others - it has been great fun! Enjoy your break - well deserved!!!

Fiona said...

You must be relieved to have the black out... thanks once again Tonya... and a big Hugz from down under...
Hugz

Sunnybec said...

Well Done You! I would delete the 3000 posts and start again ..... and go and have a lay down in a darkened room.... Hugs

Maria said...

Thank you sew much for running Bingo for us... I enjoyed playing along and some more hugz from Down Under..
Maria

Linda said...

The Bingo game was great fun! Thanks for all your hard work! You take as long a break as needed! We will be here when you return. Hugs!

Belinda said...

I think I might have to agree with Sunnybec. If you've lived without reading those posts already, you can live without them completely. You can always go back from time to time, skim and see if there is anything that catches your eye. But that's just my opinion. I'm trying to cut down my computer time and do more constructive things these days. You can probably tell by my lack of blog posts!

Good luck Tonya. I look forward to whatever you can post, whenever you can get it posted!!

make.share.give said...

Thank you so much for all your hard work. I really enjoyed checking in each morning.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Great job sweetie - time for a break, and hit the delete on those old posts - the past is the past.

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

If you have to skim, then skim them.... and then start new and fresh! You deserve a break today! not just today! Take a few minutes for you and sew or go thru' you stash and sell it! Love the facebook thing -- easy and simple! I hope to find a few items to add today, as I go thru' all my fabric for the all week fabric garage sale. Thanks for sharing about it!
May for Me Bingo was a success because of you! Thanks for all you did for everyone---the whole month --- now it is time for you!
Enjoy your day!

elliek said...

Phew, an AHHHH every two weeks... that will ease the sore hand ( and give me catch up time). Just keep them coming though as I love them and a few people love to see them on my blog. Love ya.

Snoodles said...

I will add my vote to the idea of deleting the 3000 posts and starting afresh! Thanks for all you have done, and take care of YOU!! Hugs!

rubyslipperz said...

#1!!! take care of YOU =). It's the ol' airplane flight rule -

"put YOUR oxygen mask on first, then, help others with theirs...otherwise you could pass out and not be able to help =)"

I agree with Sharon..."delete" on old posts...bloggers understand that family is more important and that life gets in the way lots of times.

love,
annie

Heather said...

I bet you are glad that bingo is over! Yay!
Don't worry about the other stuff & just take a good break. :) I've enjoyed mine. And I WILL eventually catch up on those AHHH's. I've got them all pinned & all that good stuff. :)