Monday, June 4, 2012
My high hopes this morning:
* That my before Bingo blog friends will forgive me for being so rude as to not have read any blogs the past month.
* That my two blog fun ideas for July will be fun for all! (Of course you won't find out about them until one of you calls Blackout so that we might move on in this quiltsy blogland life...)
* That I will become friends with my new neighbor. (The one that we share the duplex with.) She quilts! She quilts with denim! She has two dogs. She also works at the prison. Poor lady.
* That my three brand new Etsy shops will get up and going and keep me home and away from the work place. (Not that they have much in them right now. When they do...I'll let you know first, because I'll want your opinion.)
I have some friends that make their living mostly off of etsy. They are helping me out. What they've done with their shops in the last two years is amazing! They own three shops...
1) Barbie Emporium --Barbie clothes. Their newest hats are so cute! Everything in this shop is sewn by the HUSBAND if you can believe it. That is worth a look by itself.
2)Children's Emporium--Party favors. The crayon rolls are their biggest sellers. Husband and wife work on this together.
3) Custom Make or Custom Made--is where Mrs Crafty sells her crocheted items (when she gets to take a break away from helping her husband with his two shops.)
* That I can find a decent job. (Which is why the above high hopes comes first.) Our town is actually fairly small. The population of over 9,000 is misleading because over 3,000 of that is prison population. Without driving 40ish miles my choices for evening/weekend work are: Dollar General (just hired 3 people); Walmart, a handful of fast food places and gas stations. That's it. I've done gas station work before. (phooey--I've done Walmart before too.) I was just hoping to not have to do the gas station thing this time around. I will for sure choose it over fast food. I hate cooking type jobs. Double Yuck on those! I actually don't mind gas station work but my husband really doesn't like the idea. Oh, this reminds me of another video, can't pass this one up while on this subject (maybe this is why hubby doesn't want me to get a gas station job?) :
EDIT...It didn't show up! Oh well...
* That Stephen will sleep more. Ha! Been wishing that since the day he was born. I've never seen the likes of this child when it comes to sleeping. He went to bed at midnight tonight and will be up by 7 and will take an hour and a half nap today. I think I might as well cross this item off my high hopes list.
* And for my final HIGH HOPE--that this would be the LAST day of Bingo. Several of you have said that you only have 1 or 2 words. You'll get 25 today. I know that I said 50 to some of you but although I am prepared for several of you to call Blackout I don't want you all to call it at once.
RAPID FIRE COMMENT SECTION: you know the routine. First thing that comes to your head; shortest answer as possible. My answers are in parenthesis:
1) Do you remember who is the first blog that you followed? (I first followed my sisters blog; secretly. She didn't know it. We didn't know each other at the time...hadn't talked really since I left home and she was only 4 yrs old.)
2) Do you like your roasted marshmallows brown and gooey or cooked crispy? (brown and gooey!)
3) How many times have you moved in your life? ( 15 for me)
4) What was the last item that you purchased. Come on--be honest, even if it is embarrassing. ( stuff to make cabbage soup.)
5) What is the worst job you've ever had. (McDonalds.)
6) Do you sleep under your favorite quilt year round? (I most certainly do!)
7) What is one thing that you have high hopes for--and getting black out doesn't count!
B--raindrops or rain