Monday, June 4, 2012

High Hopes--Randomly



My high hopes this morning:

* That my before Bingo blog friends will forgive me for being so rude as to not have read any blogs the past month.

* That my two blog fun ideas for July will be fun for all! (Of course you won't find out about them until one of you calls Blackout so that we might move on in this quiltsy blogland life...)

* That I will become friends with my new neighbor. (The one that we share the duplex with.) She quilts! She quilts with denim! She has two dogs. She also works at the prison. Poor lady.

* That my three brand new Etsy shops will get up and going and keep me home and away from the work place. (Not that they have much in them right now. When they do...I'll let you know first, because I'll want your opinion.)

 I have some friends that make their living mostly off of etsy. They are helping me out. What they've done with their shops in the last two years is amazing! They own three shops...

1) Barbie Emporium --Barbie clothes. Their newest hats are so cute! Everything in this shop is sewn by the HUSBAND if you can believe it. That is worth a look by itself.

2)Children's Emporium--Party favors. The crayon rolls are their biggest sellers. Husband and wife work on this together.

3) Custom Make or Custom Made--is where Mrs Crafty sells her crocheted items (when she gets to take a break away from helping her husband with his two shops.)

* That I can find a decent job. (Which is why the above high hopes comes first.) Our town is actually fairly small. The population of over 9,000 is misleading because over 3,000 of that is prison population. Without driving 40ish miles my choices for evening/weekend work are: Dollar General (just hired 3 people); Walmart, a handful of fast food places and gas stations. That's it. I've done gas station work before. (phooey--I've done Walmart before too.) I was just hoping to not have to do the gas station thing this time around. I will for sure choose it over fast food. I hate cooking type jobs. Double Yuck on those! I actually don't mind gas station work but my husband really doesn't like the idea. Oh, this reminds me of another video, can't pass this one up while on this subject (maybe this is why hubby doesn't want me to get a gas station job?) :

EDIT...It didn't show up! Oh well...


 * That Stephen will sleep more. Ha! Been wishing that since the day he was born. I've never seen the likes of this child when it comes to sleeping. He went to bed at midnight tonight and will be up by 7 and will take an hour and a half nap today. I think I might as well cross this item off my high hopes list.

* And for my final HIGH HOPE--that this would be the LAST day of Bingo. Several of you have said that you only have 1 or 2 words. You'll get 25 today. I know that I said 50 to some of you but although I am prepared for several of you to call Blackout I don't want you all to call it at once.

RAPID FIRE COMMENT SECTION: you know the routine. First thing that comes to your head; shortest answer as possible. My answers are in parenthesis:

1) Do you remember who is the first blog that you followed? (I first followed my sisters blog; secretly. She didn't know it. We didn't know each other at the time...hadn't talked really since I left home and she was only 4 yrs old.)

2) Do you like your roasted marshmallows brown and gooey or cooked crispy? (brown and gooey!)

3) How many times have you moved in your life? ( 15 for me)

4) What was the last item that you purchased. Come on--be honest, even if it is embarrassing. ( stuff to make cabbage soup.)

5) What is the worst job you've ever had. (McDonalds.)

6) Do you sleep under your favorite quilt year round? (I most certainly do!)

7) What is one thing that you have high hopes for--and getting black out doesn't count!

O--Candy
I--penguin
N--monster
I--car
B--love
N--sun
N--tomato
O--peas
G--pepper
I--flower

O--glitter
G--turtle
B--raindrops or rain
B--basket
O--compass
I--castle
B--lasso
O--iris
G--goose
O--pig

I--twinkle
G--ship
B--dinosaur
B--reindeer
N--owl
I--stocking






26 comments:

Mhairi said...

BLACKOUT!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah I managed to put buttons on all my card squares tonight.

Mhairi said...

Opps. Answers to questions
1. I have no idea. I read a lot of blogs and have no idea who I followed first.
2. Marshmallows, black on the outside, gooey in the middle
3. 12, I think.
4. Coffee on the train.
5. Washing dishes in a cafe
6. No, it is way to hot in summer to sleep under anything
7. My children.

VickiT said...

WARNING: This is as short an answer this wordy old woman get do. Sorry.

1) Do you remember who is the first blog that you followed?
Nope. Could not tell you what the very first blog was that I followed.

2) Do you like your roasted marshmallows brown and gooey or cooked crispy?
Definitely brown and gooey! If they aren’t browned you may as well eat them from the bag. lol

3) How many times have you moved in your life?
5

4) What was the last item that you purchased. Come on--be honest, even if it is embarrassing.
2 books from Martingale from their $6 a book sale. (Upset too since I remembered AFTER that about Marcia’s garage sale starting today and that was all the money I could spend this week.)

5) What is the worst job you've ever had.
Gas station clerk 3rd shift. HORRIBLE job and a letch as the owner. Shoulda sued that man for his loose hands. 

6) Do you sleep under your favorite quilt year round?
If I had a quilt I probably would

7) What is one thing that you have high hopes for--and getting black out doesn't count
That two of my kids having money problems can find their way out of the hole they are in right now. If they can’t, we will have a full house and that will not be easy for our budget to have 3 adults, a baby, and two dogs and their puppy who was just born.

Maria said...

Congratulations Mhairi for gettiing the first BLACKOUT>>>
I still have four to go. None on your post Tonya :(

Wilma NC said...

1) Probably Quiltville

2) brown and gooey

3) 8

4) WW ice cream bars

5) Cold caller for a carpet company, only did that crap for 3 days when I was 18.

6)Always!!! But I have several favorites. Right now the ragtime quilt is on the bed.

7) Getting to feel more free after Dave retires, which means finding a "babysitter" for MIL. Have thought seriously about doing like King of Queens and finding a dog walker, lol.

Snoodles said...

1. Stash Manicure (that's way back...before Madame took the reins from Rae) LOL
2. from the bag (snicker)
3. 6 if you count when I married Heehee
4. Dozen eggs
5. receptionist at vets office
6. Absolutely, and several when it's cold!
7. Getting our son back into the family! High apple pie in the sky hopes!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

YES a Winner! Yippee! Finally!
Love your rapid fire questions!
1. Kim's Crafty Apple, because of Project Quilting and probably my second or third blog was you!
2. slightly brown with a gooey center – not burnt!
3. 20 times --- I think I have finally settled down – 10 years in Boscobel!
4.Groceries
5.Green Giant Canning Factory -several summers while in High School and College
6. Nope – Just a sheet – too HOT!
7. Spring Cleaning of my fabrics – Fabric Garage Sale!
Enjoy your day!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

OH loved the song! I sang along with it! Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

Yay Mhairi, congrats!!
Rapid Fire:
1. The Tulip Patch Blog
2. Brown and gooey
3. as a kid about 8 times, as an adult twice. There is probably one more move left in me :)
4. Tampons and razors lol
5. filing in an Eye Docor's office. I think I slept more than worked. eek it was So boring. lol
6. not all year round
7. To find my last job ;)

beaquilter said...

the first blog I followed was either crafty gemini (Vanessa) or Leah Day's free motion filler designs, day style designs.
I've only had smores a few times in my life, so haven't figured out which kind I like better, I'm not picky ( my excuse is that I didn't grow up in the US!)
I've moved 8 times I think.
my last purchase was 5 min ago online I bought 6 spools of thread for my long arm- hey one is for a customer's quilt, the rest are restocking colors I'm low on.
My worst job was at a toy store in DK in my home town, I was a restocker and cleaner and I got fired for not vacuuming well enough! how embarrasing! I didn't know to look UNDER the shelves :-) hey- I was a teenager...lol
no quilt right now to sleep under, it's too hot.
I have HIGH hopes for everything going well in august!-no drugs too- we'll see.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

1. - First blog - Quiltville
2. Brown & gooey marshmallows
3. Went to 4 colleges - different states but that's not permanent - so none
4. last purchase - white pizza for dinner last night
5. worse job - a weed puller for a crop farm as a kid
6. The furries sleep on the quilt (yes I only kept one)- I don't sleep under it.
7. log cabin single floor plan-wrap around porch home on 2-5 acres - DOWN SIZE

Quilter Kathy said...

Thanks so much for doing the Bingo game when you have so much going on in your life. Hope you find a wonderful job that meets the needs of your family.

Needled Mom said...

Thank heavens...a winner has been found! Yeah.

I do hope all of your wishes come true. Isn't it funny how much little ones fight sleeping and yet when they become teenagers we can hardly get them out of bed.

The first blog I ever followed was a friend of mine. I didn't even know about blogging back then.

Sandra said...

1. No idea can't remember.

2. crispy, brown & gooey.

3. Too many to count. 25+

4. Just got back from the quilt shop where I purchased the rest of the material needed to complete a BoM queen size quilt.

5. Travelling sales yuck!

6. Bed cover changes with the season.

7. That the hubbies brand new job works out great. He has been unemployed for 9 months and starts his new job tomorrow.

Sally said...

1)first blog -- Quiltville, I think

2) marshmallows -- brown and gooey

3) moved? 15 (including Berlin, Germany!)

4) What was the last item that you purchased. fried clams from Long John Silvers!

5) What is the worst job you've ever had.
delivering samples door-to-door (laundry soap)

6) Do you sleep under your favorite quilt year round?
of course (favorite? I change my quilts on bed about every 3-4 months)

7) What is one thing that you have high hopes for--and getting black out doesn't count
why not??? High hopes for getting all my quilt tops quilted/finished!

Sally said...

Congrats to Mhairi on her blackout!!

Marcia W. said...

no words today and still 5 to go -- and saw the first blackout called above - bet you are delighted
1-parkcitygirl which has undergone several morphs and renamed
2-crispy
3-I stopped counting at 20
4-medicine
5-working for myself (and two partners)
6-yes, though rotate the one on top
7-reduction in physical pain

Belinda said...

Congratulations to the blackout!! Lucky duck!!

1. My daughter's blog
2. Brown and gooey and not burned.
3. I think...10. Lots of moving when I was a kid and I don't remember them all.
4. Kindle books
5.Secretary to Cruella Deville ( A wicked lady at the school who everyone warned me not to go to work for. I lasted I think three months.)
6. Not my favorite quilt, but one I made specifically for my bed.
7.Losing more weight and getting my blood counts where they need to be.

Sherry said...

Congratulations on blackout Mhairi.
1.My Desert Cottage
2. Brown & gooey
3. 10 while a child and 10 since I was married
4. I bought a wedding gift - dishes
5. Kentucky Fried Chicken, I really didn't mind it but like my jobs since better.
6. I take my quilt off in the spring because it gets too warm.
7. I have high hopes of getting some fun sewing done soon. I have been busy making dresses for a wedding.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

1) Do you remember who is the first blog that you followed? Quiltville, I was then hooked on blogging.

2) Do you like your roasted marshmallows brown and gooey or cooked crispy? Brown and googey, and double roasted too.

3) How many times have you moved in your life? 10, getting ready to do move number 11.

4) What was the last item that you purchased. Come on--be honest, even if it is embarrassing. Dog food. Lots of it too.

5) What is the worst job you've ever had. Working the plant in the PO, it was really the people, not the job. I still work for the PO.

6) Do you sleep under your favorite quilt year round? They get changed out weekly and washed too. I abuse my quilts quite dearly.


7) What is one thing that you have high hopes for--and getting black out doesn't count! That our move across country to Utah happens, and in order for that to work, our rental house has to sell quickly!

Jill Martin said...

Rapid fire:

1). Your blog was the first I followed after we met on ebay.

2). Marshmallows need to be black and crispy I like pulling the outside off and roasting again, haven't done this for years maybe time to do again.

3). 14 moves.

4).Fabric from Marcia......

5). I did QA for a home health agency as a RN. My supervisor was a ------ nazi. When I resigned the home office sent a VP to talk me into staying I listed 38 resons to stay and one to leave...her...I left.

6). Yes.

7). I have high hope that walking with ease will return and if it does not that I shall continue walking as I do now , a slow stumble, shuffle. MS has been wrecking havoc on my life.

Leah said...

Congrats to Mhari on the blackout.

1) Do you remember who is the first blog that you followed? -- No clue

2) Do you like your roasted marshmallows brown and gooey or cooked crispy? brown and gooey!

3) How many times have you moved in your life? 4 plus all the moves in university (11? moves in 4 years?)

4) What was the last item that you purchased? Coconut Yogurt....

5) What is the worst job you've ever had. Cleaning at the airport

6) Do you sleep under your favorite quilt year round? nope - don't have one for my bed yet.

7) What is one thing that you have high hopes for -- starting a longarm business

make.share.give said...

1. Don't follow- but love weddingdressblue
2. Don't like marshmallows- too squishy
3. Six
4. filters for air conditioner
5. eye doctor
6. no
7. happy life

Gwen said...

Congratulations! Enjoy your prize! :-)

Rapid Fire:


1) The first blog I followed was my daughter's. :-)

2) Brown and gooey! :-)

3) Three times

4) Broccoli and Romaine Lettuce

5) Cleaning offices

6) No-- only in Winter. In Summer, just a sheet.

7) Happy and healthy lives for my daughters... :-)

Mary said...

1- DD#1 she made me want to start Blogging
2- Cooked Crispy
3- 7
4-bear figurine at Swap Meet
5-Nursing home (patients died)
6-I swap out my fav quilts
7-Finishing my Ufo that has been on the q- table since last NOV, now that BINGO is DONE!
Congrats to the Blackout winner, I still have four empty squares to go.

Heather said...

Aww! I really hope you don't have to get a job outside the home! You can pick my brains too if you need on the business stuff. Call or text me. :)

My answers...
1) I don't remember. I had several online crafty friends that I followed first.
2)Burnt (lol)
3) 3
4) 2 Webcams... 1 for me & the boys & 1 for Justin to take on deployment
5) Working at La Petite Academy in the toddler room. Maybe that's why I don't like little ones so much anymore.
6) No. If I did that, I'd probably have 10 stacked up there... I can't pick just one!
7) My sewing business. I'm going to make a good run for it this year. I would like to do craft shows but I think it'd probably be wise to wait another year since Justin is gone & Jameson is still under 3. :)