Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ahhhh 29---The Florida Star

Every Thursday, or at least every other Thursday (just as I can folks, as I can...) I show you how to make an Artistic, Hexotic, Hectic, Hillybilly Hexagon. If today's Ahhhh just downright wow's you (it should!) and you would like to join in, then you can find all the details up top under the English Paper piecing button. I do not recommend starting with today's block. Go back to the beginning as they are much less complicated. (well, except for that 96 piece one maybe.)

I am working very hard, no that would not be true...If I had the time I would be working very hard at trying to learn how to draw these blocks in EQ. I have some craft shows to prepare for first. But eventually I would like to re-draw each one and make them available as a file for you. That way if the drawing part makes you nervous all you have to do is print and sew. Would that interest anyone? Just be aware that it will take me time. Lots of time. Trying to find a time tree...

Speaking of time; at times I can be very patient, and at other times I can be very not so patient. For instance, I was a very good, patient girl and worked very hard at gathering the fat quarters (one per week!) of a new collection for my Ahhhh's. But I am very impatient to see your reaction to the new fabrics--cuz I LOVE this Ahhhh today! It has got to be my favorite yet. I think.

Today's Ahhhh-The Florida Star- was published in the Kansas City Star on September 24, 1932. It has 36 pieces, and I fussy cut every single one of my 36 pieces. My blocks measure 6" from side to side--in case you were wondering. It is also 1:30 a.m. I am quite proud to have gotten this completed just now. (Especially for you, Liz!)











12 comments:

Sunnybec said...

Your blocks are so clever and I love the colours in yours, but I have to be honest here and say...I prefer Stephen's drawing... ;-) Hugs xxx

hope said...

I love this block. The colors and fussy cutting are perfect . Hope

QuiltSue said...

Your block looks fantastic. Well worth the time it must have taken to do the fussy cutting.

I'm not sure I'd want to try and make Stephen's design though, it looks rather complicated!

Jill Martin said...

I love, love your hexagons so far mine have six pieces. As for Stephan's it looks like a modern art quilt in the making.....

sandra said...

I am going to start on stephens block tomorrow!

Belinda said...

Oh Wow Tonya! That fabric is awesome in this star! I'm sorry though, I have to admit that Stephen's block is a bit more interesting than yours. ;)

Patty@Granma's said...

Stephen definately has talent! And energy! Now if you could just channel that.....
Wow!star, but you know me - I'm a nine patcher all the way!

Mhairi said...

Dear Tonya, how do you feel, you create this beautiful block for all of us and we all prefer the one Stephen created for us.
I am not sure how easy it will be to create but it is so colourful and creative. Thanks for sharing this post. It was wonderful and I loved reading it.

Heather said...

I love how yours turned out. I wish I had the time to work on some. Maybe one day... the WIP's basket is already getting smaller. :) Tell Stephen his looks fantastic!

elliek said...

Think I would have a lot of trouble with Stephen's one,but I love love love this hexie. Thanks for getting it up for me. You are a treasure and I love you for it.

Pokey said...

Your work on these hexie patterns are pretty amazing, and seeing them finished is --w.o.w.!
:-}pokey

Snoodles said...

Here is another vote for your hexie as the most lovely, but for Stephen's work as the most energetic and interesting! LOL You are both quite creative! Hope the craft shows go well!