to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ahhhh 28-- Morning Star

If you are new to my blog and the Thursday Ahhhh's, you can find out more about them by clicking on the English paper piecing button up top.

The Morning Star is a Laura Wheeler design, May 9, 1940.

I chose to dig out my African fabric for this week's Ahhhh. It's for sure on the wild side! Those are two different color fabrics that divide the triangles.

This is a super easy one this week!




More contrast than I used for the divided triangles would be best.

6 comments:

QuiltSue said...

I love the centre of this star. It has a lot of possibilities for fussy cutts for maybe an I spy quilt or for flowers, or food (specially chocolate!) or almost anything really.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Another great AHHH! I forgot how big these are - I know some have lots of pieces, so wondered the size.

Belinda said...

Roar!!! This is wild and fun Tonya!

elliek said...

My thinking cap is on for fabrics. At least I don't need too many. I want to put mine all out and see how they look together! Have a great weekend,

elliek said...

me again. Just laid all of my AHHHH's out and they look really good. Thank you Tonya, this is going to be a stunning quilt. Think it may end up as a BIG hexagon lol

Snoodles said...

I love how you fussy cut the center of this one! Nice!