to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Monday, May 7, 2012

A ME weekend!

First of all I must say that I cannot wait to fix this background...I miss my pretty stuff! I have heard that Shabby blogs is all fixed but I may go a different route when I can get to changing things. We will see.

-------------------------------------------------

Did you all do some ME things this weekend? We had a first around our house. Stephen went to spend the night with his sister Saturday night. He did ok, but sure missed his Momma at bed time. Jerry and I went to eat Mexican with some new friends. I think I've shared with you that we don't really have any friends at all...so it was so nice to meet new people and you are not going to believe their beautiful home! It is a quilter's dream. I didn't have my camera but I will either get some photos from her soon or grab some the next time I go over. So...that was just a teaser. Be watching because you quilters will be in love (and you gardeners too)!

--------------------------------------------------

Stephen has 7 buttons sewn on his card. Of course that is because he loves sewing them on an begs too all of the time. I limit him to one per day. He's quite upset right now because his sister painted his toenails pink (on his insistence) and now his daddy just cleaned it all off. He wants "more pink toes". I have pink toes too. I don't ever paint my toenails but that was a ME thing that my daughter did for me.

----------------------------------------------------

I took a four hour nap on Sunday. As did Stephen and Jerry. Guess our big night out wore us all out! That nap was another ME thing. So all in all a great ME weekend around here!

----------------------------------------------------

Mercy mercy mercy...just clicked on my reader...980 posts awaiting me. I am sure that will be at 1000 by the time this publishes. Oh me oh my gotta find ME time to read blogs. You all are such an inspiration to me and I love reading them!

---------------------------------------------------

I hope that bringing you ten words a day will bring some Bingo's this week. Be watching, there might be a random prize or two thrown in along the way. Here are your Monday words. Don't forget to check the other three ladies' blogs as well! You have 40 chances today between all of us!

O--boot(s)
N--pie(s)
O--Cup(s)
G--planet(s)
B--alphabet
I--Sunflower(s) but NOT flower(s)
B--binder clip
B--Honey
G--Plaid
O--Kite(s)


15 comments:

Linda said...

That was some great ME time you had this weekend. Yay! I did a little sewing on Sunday and really didn't do much of anything on Saturday :)

KatieQ said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. I can't wait to see the photos of your friend's quilts.

VickiT said...

Well it looks like you had all sorts of ME time. Yay. And yet another coincidence we have ~ we have very few friends ourselves. It's depressing at times but on the other hand, we get lots of quiet time in between calls from our boys needing help. LOL

I got to sew buttons on today but no Bingo for me yet. Getting close now in two directions.

Maria said...

Sounds like you had a lovley wekend including nice ME time and also included a long nap.
I had some me time by going out with my friends for brekkie and doing some stitching.
No Words today.
Have fun stitching on another button Stephen..

Snoodles said...

What a nice weekend! Naps are so wonderfulzzzzzz......oh, excuse me!

krisgray said...

Good for you!

Last night, as an early b-day celebration, I watched the new episode of Sherlock on PBS and had a glass of wine, uninterrupted.

Carrie P. said...

no spaces for me. glad you enjoyed your weekend and did some "me" things.

Kate Brown said...

Sounds like you had a really wonderful ME weekend! Its always good to take some time :)

Barb said...

It is always nice to have a ME week-end...glad you got rested up.

Fiona said...

sounds like a lovely weekend.... pink toenails... wonderful...
Hugz

Patty@Granma's said...

Sounds like you did good! I'll drop you a line about my day - it really isn't public comment ;-s
Hope you get a bingo winner soon - I'm crossing my toes and holding my breath!

Kim's Crafty Apple said...

I really want to see the binder clip fabric!

Pat said...

Wonderful you had some time for you!
xx

QuiltSue said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Carla said...

Sounds like a great weekend. :o) I guess dad wasn't impressed with pink toenails on the son. lol