to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Me weekend, another random drawing, and Winners take note....

My daughter and I have been planning a ME day for a long time. Since Christmas in fact. We decided that instead of birthdays this year, we would just have one big fun time during May. We were both supposed to start saving money for this months ago...but that didn't work so good for either of us. Is that going to stop us? NO WAY!! I leave in just a bit to go to her new apartment. She and I are going to garage sales, then window shop, then this evening come back to her apartment for chick flicks! No men allowed for the next 24 hours!!!!!!

So of course I won't be around here either. I'll see you all Monday :) Oh, I forgot to tell you...I got a mother's day gift in the mail yesterday. I ordered this clear back in March I think. It was a gift from my mother in law as I do all her quilts up for her great grandchildren. (I need to share those quilts with you.) Lookie what I got:

I have no idea how to use computers. I can use the internet like crazy and do anything on it. I even found my husband on it. I did! I will leave you hanging on that one until next week. And no it was not some online dating thing either. :) Anyway, I am going to pack up my computer and this program and take it with me. Maybe Amy can give me a jumpstart on how to use it. 

Ok so how about a giveaway to honor my great ME weekend that I am going to have; let's give away another charm pack, the pink and purple one from Marcia,....are you ready? 

NUMBER 81!!!!!! 


Let's do a winners re-cap for this week:

Maria won a Pastels Charm pack from Marcia for VERTICAL N.
Sharina won a Judy N. pattern for DIAGONAL.
Wanda won a Little Gatherings Charm Pack for HORIZONTAL.
Wendy also won horizontal and will get the prize that we had to take back from Maria for being too lucky. (a mystery charm pack from Richard.)
Quilter000 also gets a mystery charm pack from Richard.
Patty won a Pinks and purples charm pack from Marcia.

More to come next week. Having fun? I am.
Now, as soon as I can I will be closing this computer and won't be back until Monday. So I will be slow to answer comments. If you are a prize winner, it would be wonderful if you could email me with your snail mail address. I'll get those sent along to the proper places come Monday. 
Also I was supposed to be sending each of your blogs to Marcia(along with what you won...such as VERTICAL N) for her to post onto the winners Linky but I have got to get on the road. If you winners would like to do that for me it would be GREAT! Otherwise I will do that Monday as well. I still have to shower and pack and do some other things....

Have a good weekend!


6 comments:

Patty D from NC said...

WOW! I just won the pinks and purples charm pack! I am enjoying BINGO even though I hadn't been doing so well... until now!!!

Kate Brown said...

I hope you have an absolutely wonderful weekend! It sounds like great fun :)

Snoodles said...

Have fun! And happy Mother's Day!!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Happy Mother's Day!
I grabbed some of the info and posted what you had posted and I will manually add the links on Sunday night.
Hope you are enjoying your day!

Gmama Jane said...

Sounds like such a fun time with your daughter!! What a great idea! I'm so happy to have 2 daughters!!
Enjoy!
Blessings
Gmama Jane

Amy Brown said...

the best thing ever is to have such great "me" weekends every week) guys, we work so hard, try to do ur best to have great fun)

Speed Dating Glasgow