to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May for ME!

Let the month of fun begin! During May I will be sharing some fun things...but for the first day I probably should just get right to the reason that most of you are here...Bingo!

A good question that was brought up yesterday-- How do you call out when you have a BINGO? Please leave a comment, here on MY blog. If you think that you have a Bingo, please check the BINGO page first at the top of my blog. A list of winners will be there in a Linky. If someone has already claimed a particular Bingo (like "I--vertical") then sorry, you are too late! It would be a HUGE help to me if you would check the winners page before trying to claim a bingo that has already been won. (Thank you.)

Guess what? We've got a new sponsor/prize! Annie's Ruby Slipperz is donating a book that isn't even released yet! Doesn't this look like a great book?:

The winner and Annie can work out how to handle it but she will be shipping it to you through Amazon Prime. Good luck on this great book!


Each of the four sponsor blogs will be calling 5 words per day (That's 20 a day!) Don't forget that you need to visit SharonMarcia and Snoodles each day to get all 20.


Hey, do you want your words already??

Here you go...........................

G--Fork

O--Grape(s)

B--owl(s)

O--drum(s)

G--squash

Have fun!

On an end note...Stephen sewed his first button on yesterday. Isn't he the cutest? Love that boy! And he loves anything to do with fabric! He had so much fun sewing on the button. I don't even remember how I worded his card (I've looked through 98 of them now you know) so I need to look back over it and see if he gets to sew any buttons on today. You better believe that he wants to. He's been begging me to sew on another one!






22 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Look at that face - isn't he proud of himself! Have a lovely day - it's May Day.

Teresa in Music City said...

Way to go Stephen!!!!

Belinda said...

Wow! That Stephen is one smart cookie!!

VickiT said...

Awwwww look at Stephen with his first button. Too cute.

That new book prize looks like a great one to check out.

I've gone through my card and all but one of the blogs with the words called on them and once the last one gets her words up I'll see if I get more. So far though I have one match and that was one from your called words.

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

WOO HOO! I found it! Don't have any idea how it works, but I found it!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Stephen looks so happy sewing on a button -- I hope he gets one today!
Happy May for Me to Stephen!
Had the blogger issue with my blog and Daylight savings time --- I'll set my alarm tomorrow and make sure!
Love the new prize! People have been so generous! Love it!
Happy May for Me to you!
I wished my husband Happy May for Me today as he left for work -- I told him to find time to play today - for just 5 minutes! I told him he would be happier!

Barb said...

He is cute!!

Wendy said...

How adorable is that! So cool that he likes to sew. And thanks again for the May fun. I got to put a button on this morning, YaY!

Needled Mom said...

awww....I need a cute button-sewer-on-er for me!!!

Sherry said...

No button for me today but it was fun looking at the piture of Stephen sewing his button on and visiting each of the other blogs. I am going now to do a little sewing for me.

Snoodles said...

Aw, he is just a doll! So cute. :) The fun has begun!

Linda said...

Yay, May is finally here :) OH my goodness, that Stephen is so stinkin' handsome!!

Maria said...

What cute button sewer...
Yeh!!! I have an owl in B

Carrie P. said...

He looks pretty proud of himself. Well done.
No letters here. Off to the next blog.

Sally said...

he's darling--hope he gets to sew on a button today.

Question--B--owl(s)
does the owl have to be in the B/blue column or does any owl count???

Kelli said...

Love the pics of Stephen! :) Thanks for organizing all of this for us. xo

Fiona said...

Good on ya Stephen....
Hugz

Grammasheri said...

He looks so happy and proud of himself...just like we should when we finish something. We forget to enjoy our accomplishments sometimes.
What a cutie!

Connie said...

How cute that he is sewing on his first button! No button for me today.

elliek said...

Love to see boys that can sew on his own buttons!! He sure looks pleased with himself and so he should. Have a great May those that are BINGOing.

Beeshebags said...

Going on the first day of play....is there going to be a prize for the person who's the last one to mark a square off??? I mean other than the free square lol I think I might be in the running for it if there is!

Hugs
Naomi

Linda said...

Naomi, you are not by yourself! I'm right there with you!

I have a question. I read in the original rules that you will be pulling the words on Tuesday, Marcia on Wed, Sharon on Thurs etc...Has that changed? Will all of you be pulling words every day from now on? Thanks for the clarification.

I'm loving the game and anticipation and all even though I haven't gotten to sew on ANY buttons yet! Hugs, Linda