to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May for ME goals

I always have very lofty goals for May; but I don't ever set myself up for disappointment when I don't reach the goals. I figure dreaming and planning is all part of the quilting process.

Some of my lofty quiltsy goals for the month included:
* Working through Ricky Tims Convergence quilts
* Starting over on my Gradient Star quilt
* Make kitchen curtains, some mug rugs for the table, begin to make monthly wall hangings for dining room
* Catch up on Seth's BOM quilt.
* Get a Dresden quilt finished for booth/etsy display to take orders from
*Make some dog quilts
*Make mini quilts
*Make some snap bags
*Learn to make a zipper bag.
*Give my blog a makeover

Guess what? I have just scrapped all those goals (but one). They are still on my to do list. In fact I think I might make a page on my blog about that soon; it would probably be just as easy to keep my goals on here than anywhere. But I have a new May for ME goal. It's quite lofty. Are you ready...

I want to catch up on blog reading. Yep, that's my big goal for the month. With over 2000 posts to read, patterns to save, friends to catch up with, it is quite lofty but it's what I want to do.

The month is half over...are you changing any May for ME goals? How are you doing on them?

-------------------------------------------------------

We had an evening Bingo called yesterday. Lisa M in Port Hope called Vertical B. Keep in mind while you have 24 hours to call the same Bingo it can only be through Monday's words. Today's don't count.

-----------------------------------------------------

If I duplicate words on any of the lists (mine, Marcia's, Sharon's, Snoodles) I am sorry. I try not to, but it might happen sometimes. (As it did last week.)

-------------------------------------------------

N--Bug
I--Birch
G--fields
B--gator
N--baseball
O--clown
O--Pear
G--Bee or Bumble Bee
N--peppers or hot peppers
N--plums

15 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I think you are doing a terrific job. And I love the new look on the blog - bright and clear. Everyone changes plans. I dropped from a few swaps to have more time to work on some other things.

Quilter Kathy said...

I don't have any goals for the month...just to enjoy some ME sewing on anything I feel like at the moment!
I do have some goals for the scrappy rainbow challenge that I hope to accomplish this week, but after that, it's anything goes!

Chatty Kathy said...

Good morning, Tonya. Happy to say one of my goals for the month is complete: I have a diagonal bingo. I sent you an email with the winning squares. Have a great day.

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Love your list! You do have alot you want to do.. the planning and dreaming are part of getting to your goals. Make the list and the coolest part is eventually you will do some of them and that will feel good. Your blog looks great!
I like your recap of some of the Bingo rules. That helps everyone understand better.
Enjoy the 15th day of May -- we are halfway thru' the month! WOW! it is going fast!

beaquilter said...

that was a LOFTY list of goals and then you are scrapping them?? - did you see my give away yet?

I'm feeling sick today, had to get tested for strep which was negative (often is, then positive a few days later) then I have a queen size customer's quilt I really SHOULD be working on, but I'm also doing a quilt along and just got the fabrics last night and they are washed and ready, I want to do those FIRST!! but really I want to go to bed :-(

Carrie P. said...

yay! one word.
It is good to write down goals which you can always come back to when you finish one of them.

Needled Mom said...

I think I need to make a June for Me list! This month has been crazy.

Linda said...

It has been a crazy month, hasn't it?! Hey what ever ME time you have is precious and you can spend it however you like. Goals are great but do change and evolve. It's all good. Have a great day!

Maria said...

Yes mary that sounds good a JUNE LIST..
My May has been crazy so far.
Not any words anywhere today...
Have fun reading your posts..

Richard Healey said...

I love the goal of catching up on blog posts. I am 1000+ behind also and yesterday spent 2 hours just reading and laughing I want to set time each day just to read and get caught up just never seem to make that time.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

Angie said...

My goal. . . make it through the last 4 days of school!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new look!

Christine M said...

I like your new blog look Tonya. Good luck catching up on your blog reading!

Fiona said...

new look is a great look.... lists and lists... as soon as I knock off one thing I add another 3!!! haha...
Hugz

Heather said...

I think your May goal is just right! I'm not following as many blogs so I don't get nearly behind as you do! I didn't set any May goals but I have been doing things here and there for myself... not all business, some fun stuff too! :)

Gwen said...

Wow!! I can't believe that the month is already half over!! I am getting quite a few buttons now! Yay! I do have a question-- on yesterday's list, you called "G--hearts"-- is this strictly "hearts" or would "heart" count? Thanks! :-)