to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Believe in Miracles!

Patty from Granma's Charms emailed her May for ME list to me yesterday. She really has been doing great. She re-arranged her whole shop, done several other things, and try to get a quilt hand quilted before a festival. Her final note was, "I've got 33 days. I believe in miracles."


Isn't that wonderful? Let's all route Patty on that she gets the quilt done in time. Patty is one of our sponsors but she's also been giving away fat quarter packs all month for May for ME. She's got one left, you better go try and win it! 


What miracle are you claiming as your own right now? 


---------------------------------------------------------------------


I'll give the recipe for the porcupine balls below. Sounds like we have lots of people joining us for meatball Thursday. Vicky emailed a recipe for Cranberry Meatballs so I'll post that below too!


---------------------------------------------------------------------


B--polka dot or dot(s)
B--snake
O--sleigh
I--blues
O--pumpkin
B--house
N--moon
N--houndstooth
B--chicken
N--spider


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Porcupine Balls from Taste of Home:

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/3 cup chopped onion
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

Directions

  • In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef and mix well. shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain. Combine tomato sauce, water, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meatballs. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. 
---------------------------------------------------

Vickis Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs

Meatballs (see note below)

2 pounds Ground beef

1 cup Cornflake crumbs

2 Eggs

1/2 cup Chopped -- fresh parsley

1/3 cup Ketchup

3 tablespoons Minced onions

2 tablespoons Soy sauce

1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon Pepper


Sauce (use double sauce ingredients if buying the larger sized bags of frozen meatballs)

16 ounces Can -- jellied or whole cranberry sauce

12 ounces Chili sauce

1 tablespoon Brown sugar

1 tablespoon Lemon juice


In a large bowl, combine ground beef, cornflake crumbs, parsley, eggs, ketchup, onion, soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Mix well and form into small balls, from 1/2" to 3/4" in diameter.

Place in a casserole or baking pan. Heat oven to 300 degrees F.


Meanwhile in a saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice.

Cook stirring over medium heat until smooth. Pour hot sauce over meatballs in casserole.

Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the size of the meatballs.

Transfer to crock pot and keep on low for serving

8 comments:

Wilma NC said...

Patty from Granmas is who sent me my prize for the bingo. Your porcupine balls sound good!!

Carrie P. said...

those meatball recipes sounds yummy.
thanks for sharing.
I am believing for my knee to be completely healed.

KatieQ said...

I told my husband this morning that we had to have meatballs for dinner on Thursday. When I explained why, he just shook his head. One annoying question, is a hen the same as a chicken?

Belinda said...

I'm rooting for her!!!
My meatballs are simply very lean ground beef with lots of seasoning and cooked in a mixture of tomato sauce and brown sugar. My mother used to make it for us when we were young and I did for my kids. It's always been one of my family's favorite meals.

Snoodles said...

Yum! Set out another plate, OK? LOL

Colleen said...

I have a horizontal bingo-b-bee, i-dinosaur, n-free space, g-owl,o-witch

Michelle Olsen said...

Is B-Chicken the same as B-Chick? On one of the other blogs (earlier in the month) I saw that chicken & chick were both included in the same call. Thanks in advance for getting back to me!

Belinda said...

Looking forward to meatball Thursday tonight!!