to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ahhhh 25--Seven Stars



The Artistic, Hexotic, Hop-A-Long, Hex-a-long, Hillbilly, Hectic Hexies

I just love this Ahhhh today, so hopefully those of you that are waiting on it will find it worth the wait. I got it finished this afternoon but I had a quilting student tonight so I couldn't blog about it until now.

If you will remember, I am using a new computer so when I sat down to write this post, I got so disappointed that I couldn't crop the image as I would like. It frustrates me that it is so hard to freehand crop images on line. I need to load my program on here. I hate to do that. It is large and about 20 years old. No kidding! But the only online freehand crop I can find is Pixlr and that one I can't figure out how to use. So, the point is....my Ahhhh is very pretty but it has ugly edges :)

The Seven Stars hexagon block was first published by Grandmother Clark around 1932. I am quite happy with my version.



Please excuse the wobbly drawing. I drew this last week while my student was sewing and I didn't have my Ahhhh ruler with me. I never use my marker drawings as my actual Ahhhh. Not accurate enough!




In the above I try to explain that you can just grab a piece of graph paper and cut your parts.
It will be accurate, and I've already done all the work for you. 
You won't even have to draw it out.



10 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

No wonder you weren't finished with this earlier - wow and ah!

Sunnybec said...

Have you tried Picmonkey? I haven't used it but have seen in recommended. I use Picasa to store my photos and alter them.

elliek said...

Wow wow wow. Love it. Have still got to do last weeks one but hope to have it done soon. May have to take them all to retreat next weekend. Just caught up on the last few posts. Sad face that won't be around so much but at least we can catch up on Thursdays for the AHHs. Prayers for you both especially in the health dept. Take care

Linda said...

Holy cow! your Aaah Hexie is very beautiful!

Wilma NC said...

BINGO!!!I have a horizontal bingo, info sent to you in an email.

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

WOW -- so many pieces! Beautiful!

Belinda said...

Whoa baby! this is awesome!!

Michelle May said...

Ooooooooooooo!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Fabulous!

Marcia W. said...

Gorgeous - like the Origins fabrics you used especially those fussy cut black hexies.

Carla said...

WOW this is really amazing. Very nice.