to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Ahhhh 24--The Glistening Star

When I write my today things that I did for myself it will actually be my yesterday things because I write my today post yesterday and while I am writing it is still today--but that was yesterday.

LOL-- is your brain working yet this morning? So when I say, "Today for ME, I did....." then actually by the time you are reading this it will have been yesterday. But then, who cares, as long as I inspire YOU to do something for YOU during May for ME!

Today for ME, I didn't get my Ahhhh done. Just couldn't happen.(don't worry, you'll still get the instructions down below....) And I didn't get dressed til halfway through the day. And I didn't get much done it seems like. But I did do some purposeful thinking about priorities. I am going to spend some more time thinking on my thinking before I share it with you....and now I will totally quit with my silliness and bring you your Bingo words and this week's Ahhhh!

Your Bingo words:

N--Handbag(s)
O--Shoe(s) --not boots though
N--Pin(s) --
I--Strawberries
B--Bunny Rabbit(s) or Bunny(ies) or Rabbit(s)

If any of you still don't have a button, take it up with Mr. Random. He's been doing the deciding from the very beginning. Every single item is numbered and I just hit that generate button time and time again. Good luck! Oh, and when am I going to do a random prize drawing?...Well not until at least one person gets a BINGO!

And now for the Glistening Star which appeared sometime around 1940 I think.Phooey I forgot. Oh well, close enough. I really love this star and I think that I want to make a whole quilt of just these. Since I did not get it finished, here is a photo from a book for you plus your instructions.








Well, actually only 54. The entire block has 60 pieces though.



11 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

That's an 'oh my goodness' not an AH!! Lovely star Tonya.

Julie Fukuda said...

Pretty block. I promise not to say what I am thinking about Mr. Random though.

beaquilter said...

you gotta wait for EQ! just print and cut out :-) looks great though

Maria said...

Nice block....
No need to sew a button on for me today but you have fun putting yours on Stephen...

Snoodles said...

That is the most intricate one yet! It is definitely "ah-inspiring"!! LOL

Gwen said...

Pretty block!! Still waiting to get to sew on a button!! :-) At least a couple of my items were listed today-- just not under the right letter... but that's a start! ;-)

Needled Mom said...

That star is amazing. It is beautiful.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

great looking star....like your color choice

Belinda said...

That block is awe inspiring. So is your silliness.
I'm not really happy with Mr. Random generator either, but I will bide my time a while and maybe he will remember me. :)

VickiT said...

ooooooooooh strawberries!!!!!!! YUM. Oh wait ! I didn't match those but they sound quite yummy. LOL A local store has them on sale at a great price. Now I want to go buy those. See what you did?

No matches today on your list of words.

elliek said...

Another pretty star! I also had that message about my blog but I just looked at it anyway. Hope I haven't infected my computer1