to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Monday, April 2, 2012

When a door closes...

a window opens.

About what? Well I will just show you in a minute.

I do very much miss my sewing. Most of that stuff is still buried and I have no electricity to the sewing area yet.(But will by Thursday probably.) I don't even know where my ahhhh pattern blocks are at the moment. Oh my; I do miss hand sewing. So I ripped pockets off denim today.

 I do PROMISE my next post will be completely quiltsy. Please all my new kinfolk friend followers...hang in there! I miss my quiltsy bloglife!

In the mean time while we all wait for me to unbury my quilt stuff... do you remember how much I wanted a miniature horse again?

Well...let me introduce you to 
drumroll....

Little Horse!

Stephen's new horse;
Thanks to my friend who got me hooked on my local swap shop via facebook.


Stephen's Nanny and Sissy agreed that he really needed the horse, you know.
(shhh...I kind of wanted it too--I mean like a lot wanted it.)
Someone Jerry works with is going to board it for us.


How could I resist this little guy with his wild hair?


24 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Now that sounds like the best of both worlds. The fun of a horse with a bit of work and none of the expense! What a great solution!

Cathy said...

Oh, my granddaughter would LOVE your sweet horse!!! Congrats on your newest family member~ ♥♥♥

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Cool a horse! Like the name - "Little Horse" Cute!
Glad to hear you'll have a spot to sew soon!

sweetybird09 said...

I love the horse, I had horses growing up and I lived in the city so it was a big deal for me, great memories are made with horses.

Michelle said...

I am sure Stephen is going to love his new 'Little Horse'
Pleased to hear the sewing room is coming along still even though you can't find anything.... yet!

Kelli said...

Embrace messy hair! I love it. :o) So cute! Buster would have a ball with Little Horse. I think animals are so good for kids, and I'll bet Stephen is already in love with him. (and you too) :o)
xo

Sara G said...

That's a nice looking horse Stephen! I hope you enjoy and learn all you can about them.

I'm late reading but I think of you all often. I wish you luck in making changes to your home and making it more for you and family. We are still in process of getting settled. Much love and hugs, Sara

QuiltSue said...

In that front-on picture, the mane looks like a Tina Turner wig!

Sunnybec said...

Oh what a lovely little sweetheart!! No way could you resist him.... my hair looks like that first thing in the morning..... :-)

Junibears said...

He looks a darling! You'll all get loads of pleasure with loving him!
Hugs xx

Michelle May said...

Looooooooooooooove!!!!!!

Linda said...

Yay! How fun and exciting! Love the wild hair too :)

Belinda said...

What a blessed child your Stephen is to have parents who are willing to do something like this for him. What an awesome thing for a child to have a pony. Don't they all want one?! I hope and pray Little Horse brings many hours of love and happiness to you all. Congratulations!!

rubyslipperz said...

This little pony is sooo CUTE!! Ya'all are WAY lucky to get to enjoy this leeetle pony in your life!

hugZ,
annie

THE WEEKLY MUSING said...

That hair looks kind of like yours sometimes my beautiful wife. But I still think you're beautiful and love you even though you talked me in to getting a hourse.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Little Horse is just so cute!! Definitely a great diversion from quilting - especially if you don't have power to your sewing room.

Patty@Granma's said...

Truly, you are going to have a bunch of fun!

Gmama Jane said...

My husband is the Horse lover so we have 4 at the current time...no ponies but he's looking. Grandchildren NEED a pony according to PaPaw Roger!!
Blessings
Gmama Jane

Carla said...

Jealous. But I'm better off playing or watching all my neighbor's little ponies.

quiltmom said...

Tonya- I love the horse's hair- it looks so charming - I am sure he is a friendly fellow...
Hope the move is going well- it will be lovely when you get it all done.
Hang in there!
Regards,
Anna

Snoodles said...

LOL Love the "hair"! Hope you and Stephen have lots of fun. :) Maybe Seth will enjoy him, too!

Sherry said...

Love the wild hair on that little horse! I hope you get back to sewing soon.

Carrie P. said...

oh, how fun. he is a cute horse.
Looks like you will be busy in your sewing room.

Connie said...

What a cute little horse and love his mane!!