Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ahhhh 23--The Morning Star

While I enjoy Bingo and can't wait for it to start on Tuesday; I am glad to be back into regular blogging mode. Of course, my favorite posts are my Monday Random (which happen randomly by the way) and my Thursday Ahhhh's.

 If you are new to my blog, Ahhhh's are hexagons that we slice all up all different ways. Mostly they come from old Kansas City Star block patterns, but some from other places as well. I teach you step by step how to draw them out as they can be a bit tricky sometimes.

You can find out more about Ahhhh's (and why we call them that) up under the English Paper Piecing button.

This week's pattern was first found in the Kansas City Star on Feb 1, 1936. 

Here is my Morning Star:






9 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Very nice - glad you got a little ME time to work your Ahhh.

Belinda said...

That's purty Tonya. I'm always happy to see your Ahhhs on Thursdays. :)

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Oh so pretty! Each week they just get more beautiful.

Patty said...

OHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!I just found you again. So glad I did. I loove hexagons. Now, I am subscribing to you by email.

Jeanne Gwin said...

Love your blocks, want them all, time to go hunting for the "ahhhhh" moments in your blog. Uhmmm, could you do them in PDF please? I know, running and hiding, cause you wanna kick my hiney

baukje said...

I found your blog today, love to play with all those hexies. Could you tell me please which typeof graphic paper from Imcomputech you use for all the different hexies. When I use the link I find hexiegraphicpaper and not the same paper with triangles that you use.....
Thank you, and greetings from France

Wendy said...

Very cool!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

I really enjoy your Ahhhs... Cool fabric and cool star in the center!
Enjoy your weekend!
May is almost here! Yippee! I am not sure if I am ready!

elliek said...

Yeah I like this one and will need to get my fix of sewing after 9 days away. Can't wait to get my needles too... how exciting. Love ya.