Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ahhhh 22--Arrow Heads

The Artistic, Hexotic, Hop-A-Long, Hex-a-long, Hillbilly, Hectic Hexies

(You can find out more about these by clicking the English Paper Piecing button up top.)

The Bingo Linky party is RIGHT HERE

I have been wanting to get to today's Ahhhh from the very beginning of our Ahhhh journey as I just loved it so much. It's not one of the easiest ones, but it is very pretty. 

The Arrow Heads hexagon block appeared in the Kansas City Star on January 21, 1942.  I decided to give the fabric that I used last week just one more chance. After doing so, my opinion is that the block is pretty but it does not 'pop'. I like 'pop' blocks, so I for sure am putting this fabric away for another project and finding something different next week. Perhaps it is just too busy for me. Ha! That seems funny after some of the wild blocks I've made in the past!

If it looks a bit wonky, it is because I did not get the outer pieces finished. I tried, but there was just no way this week with Bingo going on. Here is my version of  "Arrow Heads" . Pay careful attention to instructions this week, as the arrow head itself was tricky to do!










9 comments:

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

What a beautiful Block! I love it! Just heading to bed, checked my emails and links -- no make sure no questions for Bingo -- We may have sewed to late, but we are having fun! I will sleep and get up and do it again! Wish you were here too... someday you will be and will be just as much fun!
Sweet dreams and Good night!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Now this is not one I have never seen - very pretty and nicely done.

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

-very beautiful hexagon, never saw something like this before. Thanks to you for the tutorial too, great!
Liebe Grüße
Bente

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I thought it looked like it was in 3-d it popped so much. The yellow "snowflake" sits on top of the black "star" which sits on top of the white background. I LOVE it!

Thrifty Frog said...

Your work always looks so pretty! I'm don't sew anymore but I like to admire others' work! New follower, sorta...also follow as GraceinAZ. Check out my new blog!
Huge green hugs,
Pat @ Thrifty Frog Blog

KatieQ said...

I love this block and the fabric choice. When I look at it, it reminds me of a kaleidoscope that was at my grandmother's house when I was a little girl.

Michelle May said...

What a gorgeous block! I've never seen one like that before.

SewCal Gal said...

I've never seen the arrowhead hexie before. Love it. Thanks for the tutorial!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

"Hillbilly Handiworks" has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope this helps to attract many new visitors here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2012/04/sites-to-see_20.html