Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Quilting makes the difference!

A few years ago (before Stephen) I used to take on quite a few large commissioned quilts. And I would attempt to quilt them myself using my machine. Then I finally realized that I just could not do the job that someone with a long arm quilter could do. Since then, I have made it a policy that anyone who orders a quilt that is larger than a lap size/throw must pay to have it long arm quilted. Making that a policy is one of the smartest things that I've done; sure has relieved lots of stress!

Then, through wonderful blogland I discovered Marcia and freehand long arm quilting. From now on my customers have a choice...they can use a local long arm quilter, who most likely uses a computer or pantograph, or they can pay to have their quilts freehand long arm quilted by Marcia. Now some of you think I am singing her praises because she is my friend. Well, she is my friend, but her quilting is what grabbed my attention and caused us to become friends. Another thing--don't get me wrong--there is nothing wrong with computer/pantograph quilting. I just prefer the 'extra' that comes along with Marcia's freehand work. 

I am so happy that my dresden customer chose to allow Marcia to quilt the identical quilts. Below are some photos. If you pop over to Marcia's blog, you will see some more up close photos of detail work while they are being quilted.






13 comments:

Rachel said...

Absolutely stunning. I just did a large dresden and I am in love with it.

Belinda said...

Well worth the cost, I'd say! She is a gifted quilter and an artist with thread. You are too my friend.:)

Snoodles said...

Wow! Kudos to Marcia - she does great work!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Thanks for the wonderful compliments about my quilting! You know I love doing it and was very pleased to make your customer so happy! It will be a wonderful memory for years to come for the two sisters!
Have a wonderful day!

Sunnybec said...

Your quilts are lovely. I love dresens (just doing some on a runner) I wish I had been quilting before my Mum died what a wonderful way to remember her...unfortunately I didn't save any of her clothes. The quilting is really pretty, it makes the dresdens "pop". Hugs

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I just hope those two sisters appreciate all the hard work that went into those quilts. WOnderful job by both of you ladies.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

T|he quilt is simply stunning

iluvmybugs said...

Beautiful quilts and Marcia did an outstanding job quilting them!!!
~Terry~

Patty@Granma's said...

WOW! I have a mid arm and do free hand - but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as that! Lovely quilt, lovely quilting!

Christine M said...

The quilt looks fantastic now it's quilted.

Fiona said...

It's come up beautifully...
Hugz

QuiltSue said...

That looks absolutely stunning, and, as you say, quilting makes the quilt. The way Marcia has chosen to quilt your quilt really makes the plates stand out and just somehow pulls everything together into a wonderful quilt.

Wilma NC said...

Beautiful!