Saturday, March 10, 2012

Piecing the Gradient Star




One of the reasons that I enjoy working through this book along with you is so that I can show you the 'how to's' in more detail. Book authors just don't have the space to show you step by step. Today we will begin piecing our star--step by step.

Your pieces are ready to be marked.
 If you are using the Perfect Piecer, then you will be using the 45 degree at the points.


And the 135 degree on the side points.
I found these little markers to be my favorite for marking the dots.

Once they are marked, refer to your book.
Match dots with pins.

Excuse my horrible ironing board cover,
but note that I used a bunch more starch.


Press seams open.


If you didn't before, mark your dots.
(I preferred waiting to mark mine so that I didn't get confused which edges to match.)


Perfect marking means..
Perfect points!


I have four of each of these now...


Next week we will complete piecing the star.



5 comments:

beaquilter said...

what a cool funky ruler, never seen one like it. your blocks look great :-)

Belinda said...

Wow! You made such perfect little points. It looks awesome.

Patty@Granma's said...

That's some fabric your using. Designer? or line?

quilt happy said...

love that fabric

QuiltSue said...

Perfect points indeed, and gorgeous fabrics. This is going to be a beautiful star.