to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Friday, March 16, 2012

I kicked out my husband.

When he came home for work I had his bag packed, his bedding ready, and was waiting for him outside. He had no clue this was happening.

You see, my daughter and I made plans to have a girls night out during May for Me. (May 11th I think.) We were both supposed to tuck $20 in an envelope each payday starting this month. So today when I went to get groceries I got my first $20 out, ran home and stuck it in an envelope labeled May for Me!

Then...it happened. I felt guilty. My husband needs some time away too, you know? He works all day dealing with a bunch of 2 yr olds. Well they are men of all ages but most inmates are not real mature people. My husband is not a guard. Much worse. He's more like a principle or something. He spends his day having meetings, dishing out punishment and working through other issues with the prisoners. I just deal with one little 2 yr old boy. He deals with too many to count.

So, I packed the camping stuff, called one of the local campgrounds and sent him packing about an hour ago. My May for Me money is tucked in his pocket. There's plenty of time to save more; and I am happy for it to be spent for this.

The boys and I are going to make brownies. Then when Stephen goes to bed Seth and I will have a movie date with our freshly made brownies.

Tomorrow I'll write up a blog with Bingo FAQ's. Tonight I am going to wonder how my husband's doing since I kicked him out for the weekend. And enjoy my boys!

15 comments:

Jan-Maree said...

Oh my goodness - I would love to have seen the look on his face! He must be thinking he hit the jackpot when he married you! I hope the weather is nice for him and I hope you both enjoy your weekends!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

LOL I really enjoyed this post! My Mom did too! I am sure he was very happy! It is absolutely beautiful in Wisconsin today! As I am sure you are having great weather too! Enjoy your evening with the boys!
Thanks for the chuckle - with that title!
I like the idea of the $20. saved on a pay day for May for Me -- great idea!

Kylie Lloyd said...

There are days when everyone needs to kick our their husbands for some "ME TIME". I need to do that too. Then the kids and I are packing our bags and going to visit a special friend for Easter and leaving DH at home by himself. I think that it classes as one of those times.

Belinda said...

You are such an unselfish person!! When I first started reading this, it scared me a little. :/ Glad you were only being a funny girl. Ha.
My husband takes a couple of weeks in spring, during turkey season to do his "thang" and again in the fall for deer hunting, so I don't have to kick him out. LOL!
I'll have to figure out something just for me during May for Me.

Fiona said...

my heart sunk when I first started reading.... then I realised you kicked him out for a treat... I will not show Hubz.. he might get ideas!!
you're a good woman..
Hugz

Christine M said...

I bet that was the last thing he expected to come home to!

Charlie and Wendy said...

You are a good woman, that is such a lovely thing to do!

Sunnybec said...

Tonya you are one generous, unselfish lady, I know this for a fact as I have recently been on the receiving end of your generosity. Hope you and Hubs have a fabulous weekend. Hugs x

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

LOL...I bet he'll enjoy that now...nice of you.

Patty@Granma's said...

Sweet - Only my hubby wouldn't think it was fun unless he could take his best friend along - and that would be me. Lucky for him, I agree. Hope you all have a fab weekend!

Angie said...

What a thoughtful wife you are!

Grace InAZ said...

What a totally unselfish thing to do! Good for you! I hope his weekend and yours are wonderful!
Hugs, GraceinAZ

Keep Stitchin' said...

That is soooo sweet of you! Great idea! And I love that you and your daughter are going to do something special in May together! I want to do something with my three daughters and one daughter in law and their brand new baby girls (yes, four of them!) soon! Trudy

Pat said...

I hope he enjoys his peace and quiet this weekend. I also hope you get the same opportunity soon! xx

Carla said...

I wish I get my husband to take the time to relax. He always tells me that there's too much to do since we moved in this new house. It's killing him that there's no landscaping so now that patio and garage addition is complete he's in the yard. He hasn't even taken a motorcyle ride while the wild flowers are in abundance this year.
Happy for your hubby. I have a July me planned. ;o)