I took the photos on the background fabric.
I've decided that I don't like the fabric at all and have since switched to another color.
(You'll have to wait until next week to see that!)
My problem came in when I noticed that it needed a bit of squaring up.
But I shouldn't have squared it up.
Lesson learned: pin and ease. Don't square up.
It looks ok...except the middle.
Frog stitching won't help this one.
Good thing I planned applique around the background, because I'll have to add some to the middle too.
Sigh. I know that I need practice and patience and all that stuff.
But what I need most is time for that!
I thought about making another, but I am going to move on in the book.
Just "slowerer and carefulerer".
I do look forward to piecing the background this week.
I think you'll really like the color I chose.