to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bingo Rules

We are going to have so much fun in May! Many of you have decided to join us for our May for Me Bingo game. I will link this page up under the Bingo button at the top of my blog so that you will have it to refer back to. Click on the Bingo page button to read all of the Bingo posts!!!!!!!

There has been some confusion about the Bingo cards. Colors are for suggestion only. If you don't have certain colors...no need to fret over it. The master list won't even list colors. More on that in a moment.

Here are the deadlines and rules:

April 15-22--The Linky party opens. You have until April 22 to link your post showing your Bingo card and a Master list of what each space means. The list is VERY IMPORTANT and a necessary part of the game. After April 22 we will not accept any new entries. So you MUST link up by that date. 

The last week of April, I will take every one of those master lists and create the pieces that I will call. In a normal Bingo game, the caller might say, "B-14". In our game I might say, "B-Dog". If you have a dog in the B section, then you will get to sew a button on. Your middle square is free--sew a button on!

May 1 the game begins! You will have to hop around to find out what is being called that day. I will call on Tuesdays, Marcia on Wednesdays, Sharon on Thursdays, Snoodles on Friday, and all of us will call out a game piece on Monday's. 

Prizes will be awarded in the categories posted RIGHT HERE.

There will only be ONE prize in each category. Example, if someone wins horizontal, then there will not be another horizontal winner.

If you think you have a BINGO, then you will need to comment on Tonya's blog (to keep things from being too confusing, you will ONLY be able to comment on Tonya's blog. I will make a special post on the First of May just for you to claim BINGO. We will use that post for the entire month to make things easier.) If someone claims a BINGO, then the rest of the players have 24 hours to also claim the same BINGO. (this is for fairness of the many different time zones that will be playing.) If no one else claims the same BINGO, then that person wins the prize. If someone else claims the same Bingo within the 24 hours, then both names will be put 'into a hat' and a winner will be drawn from them. Edit:  The words have to be from the same day as the person that called Bingo. In other words, if Fiona (everyone wave at Fiona!) calls Bingo tomorrow afternoon from across the pond, then Linda (Linda, you around?!) cannot call the same Bingo such as "B-vertical" with a new word from Friday morning. Linda would have 24 hours to call Bingo but it would have to be with a  Thursday word that Fiona won on. I got to thinking I better add this to the rules. We allow the 24 hours due to time zones but we need to be fair too!

I hope that I have explained these well enough. We have some players who have no idea what BINGO is, so please feel free to ask as many questions as you would like.

Finally, a note about the Bingo cards. As I said up top, the colors are not important. I just need a list of what novelty item is in each location. A picture of this list MUST be shown in the same post as a photo of your BINGO card. This post is what you will link up in April.

If you get a B--Star, then your star has to be in B...not in I or N or G or O. Same with any other novelty I call.

Have I got everything covered?

21 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I'll link up to this post with a BINGO update on my Monday post.

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

I will link to this post too on Monday or later tonight, if I get time. I think you explained everything -- but I am sure there will be questions.
Hope you had a nice weekend!

Belinda said...

If I understand it correctly, it seems pretty clear to me. :) Let the games begin! Oh, gotta wait till May...shuckins.

Fiona said...

sounds good - makes a lot more sense to me now.... I have found the links to Sharon and Marcia but I don't know Snoodles... I would like to put them all on my reading list to make sure I get to them for the calling... please help.... thanks
Hugz

Hillbilly Tonya said...

Will link those up after my little one goes to bed. In the meantime they can be found on the original post.

Marcia W. said...

Hi! I'm confused. I am blogless and wanted to play (won charms from Marcia and have started to make my board). How and where do you want me to post my photos and the list? I will go back and read the various posts, as do not quite understand where I go when and the button business. I'm on a slow dialup so hopping to blogs takes lots of time - want to understand it. Thanks for patience with me on this.

Richard Healey said...

One question I have Who all can play. My 13 year old girl who is just learning to sew would like to make a bingo card can she play (she has her own blog, While 2 of them one cooking and one sewing) I also have my own quilting blog. And my shy but pregnant wife who is pregnant I would like her to play too. I don't want to cheat or any thing just want to know what to do.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
http://trackmyshows.blogspot.com

jaylen watkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria said...

Thanks Tonya I think I have t now.

Connie said...

Thanks for the info Tonya, does that mean we only have one block with dogs? For example a Blue dog block but not a Red dog block?
Quilting by the River

Snoodles said...

Great job, Tonya! I think this explains it really well....I'll link up to this tomorrow, since I started a giveaway today. :)

Sherry said...

I am planning to make my board soon. I will do a post about this soon. I am waiting for my charm squares from an I Spy swap, I think it will help with the bingo board.

Carrie P. said...

Gotcha! I hope you remind us again since the April date is a month away.

VickiT said...

The rules look very good and understandable. Thank you. The one question I still have is how will those who do not have blogs 'link' their cards? (gosh, I hope that isn't an obvious thing that is now going to make me look like a total ditz lol)

LM said...

Thanks for the really clear explanation. AndMarcia has helped me out so I won't have 5 generic flower squares...in addition to the rose and sunflower.

Quilter Kathy said...

Okey dokey...sounds like fun!

Beeshebags said...

Hi Tonya, I've popped a post up about BINGO on my blog, and just as soon as I've completed my Bingo card will send it to you and pop a pic up on my blog.

Hugs
Naomi

Nana B said...

This sounds like fun! I have been saving some pieces for an eye spy quilt -= now to find them hmmmmm

Leah said...

Can the list be in the blog post, or do I need to print them out and photograph them?

Thanks for everything?

Beeshebags said...

Do we have to email you our list or is it ok just to have that on our blogs? I've popped a pic of my card and the list in a post on my blog now.

Hugs
Naomi

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.