to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ahhhh 20--Blue Birds

This Hexagon pattern was published by Hall in 1935. If you just use two colors, the star is completely lost--so beware you star lovers. It will be interesting to see what you came up with. There is a flikr account flashing on the side bar for those of you that are new to the blog and want to see some past Ahhhh's other than my own.

 I worked on my Ahhhh of and on all week, got it almost done and hated it. Didn't even want to finish it. I am now out of the bright African prints (although I've got several African hexis ready to make from past ahhhh designs that I'll show as I finish them). I have the darker African prints but I am ready to step away and do something bright and flowery or something. So, I've not got a finish to show you now but I'll get one to show you eventually. You'll have to just work from drawings today :)






7 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow...you are talented to come up with these! Great idea! I've never done the english paper piecing. Will have to look into it~♥♥♥

beaquilter said...

hey, still using graph paper, what happened to EQ??? huh???

rubyslipperz said...

Great ideas, Tonya!! Sometimes, graphpaper just seems easier... =)

hugZ,
annie

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I look forward to seeing your next beautiful creation :)

Snoodles said...

Looking forward to seeing what you create with your "brights".... :)

Auntie Pami said...

I agree, nothing beats graph paper a 6-inch ruler and a bunch of pencils. Looking good!

elliek said...

I am feeling a bit dumb. I need to see the finished one as I am having a bit of trouble working this one out. Maybe if I draw it I will manage.Do the feathers only go on the three points not all around??? Help.