to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ahhhh 19--The Ozark Diamond

I know that we have many many new Hillbilly Kinfolk following along now (thanks to Bingo!), so I want to take a moment to explain Thursdays.

Every Thursday we have a new Ahhhhh pattern. Ahhhhh stands for 
"Artistic, Hexotic, Hex-a-long, Hectic Hillbilly Hexies". 
Several kinfolk followers helped me come up with that name, so I combined it all into Ahhhhh.

Our hexagons are English Paper Pieced. If they interest you, I have an English Paper Piecing button up top. You will find how-to's, resources, and all the previous Ahhhh posts. 

Now, onto today's Ahhhh--a couple of weeks ago we had the Ozark Star. You all know that I just love anything having to do with the Ozarks...so I am equally in love with this week's Ozark Diamond. (Which appeared in the Kansas City Star on June 20, 1931.

I do wish that I had more of my pretty kaleidoscope fabric--but it's gone for good and forever. I do have some others up my sleeve that I will dig out soon, but for a few weeks I want to wrap up using African fabrics.

So, I present to you my Ozark Diamond ooh la la Elephante'!



9 comments:

Belinda said...

Marvelous!

beth said...

Oooh! It looks lovely!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How pretty - and love the elephants marching around.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

You may be out of your kaleidoscope fabric but this one is still very pretty.

Michelle May said...

Fantastic!

Snoodles said...

Love your fussy-cut elephants! Cute!

Connie said...

Looks beautiful and a lot of work!!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Cute block and Cute little elephants going around it!
Love to see these blocks on Thursdays!
Have a wonderful weekend!

elliek said...

just finished last week's one so now to draw this one up. I do love the star ones. they look so pretty.Those elephants do a good job of hiding but they are cute!