to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ahhhh 18-- The Hidden Star

We need an easy Ahhhh today. The last couple have been hard ones. How about this Hidden Star that appeared in the Kansas City Star in 1936?


I doubt the original was as African-like or blurry as mine :)



Sorry if I am quiet in blog/computer land.
It's nice outside so the boys and I have been doing many hikes. 
We have to fit my beloved woodland time in before ticks and poison ivy get too bad. It was never cold enough this winter to kill off the bugs, so it will be a really bad tick year. 

I've never my entire life lived a winter like this where we didn't have snow. Now it's in the mid 80's and many have their air conditioning on. No way, not me!

8 comments:

Mary L. said...

Another cool one. Enjoy this beautiful weatheer!

Patty@Granma's said...

Good Grief - Ticks AND poison ivy? I do believe I'll stay right here with the snow, cold and blowing winds...
I wonder if we've ever turned on the A/C before May????
Cool block - love the kitty cats;-)

iluvmybugs said...

What a great block!!! TFS :o)
~Terry~

Barb said...

Another wonderful block!!!

Sunnybec said...

Oh I hate ticks, our Sam is always getting them, which reminds me he needs Frontline. We have had a really cold winter so hopefully it has killed some of them. Hugs

Kelli said...

You are warmer than we are in CA! We are finally getting some rain, but I feel like winter never really came this year, too. :/ Love the block. I was so busy looking at the hexies, it took me a minute to find the star. lol I guess it really is hidden.
xo

elliek said...

Pretty . Drawn out and ready to go!

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Another cool block! Love it even if it is not blue!
Enjoy the outside with your kids!
It was warm in Wisconsin today too!
Windows are open - YES!