to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ahhhh 17-- The Eastern Star

(Hey...it's not midnight yet here in the States...so I still got this out on Thursday. Sorry it took me so long today!)

The Eastern Star appeared in the Detroit Free Press on Dec 15th, 1933.
This pattern is one of my favorite yet. I know I said African fabric this week but this was just too pretty of a block to not use my kaleidoscope fabric on. I actually prepared one to make out of Asian fabrics too; but it's not ready to show to you yet.









10 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh this is another really pretty one! I like your solution to the skinny, flimsy parts.

elliek said...

I was having a bit of a heart attack looking at those little bits but read to the end and you are so clever. This is another beautiful one just hope I can do it justice,

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Creative idea to applique' --- Cool!
I love the fabrics you are using - really makes the block SING!

Kelli said...

Wow that looks very complicated! Great job, it's beautiful!!

Belinda said...

That is simply lovely. And I don't blame you for doing the applique. I'm in awe of your piecing everything else!

Barb said...

Oh wow, that is one amazing block...

Auntie Pami said...

Dang, can't wait for the finished quilt!

Patty@Granma's said...

Amazing! Just plain ol' gorgeous!
I can tell you are really having fun with this -

rubyslipperz said...

beautiful design. YOU are a smarty!...doing the applique to get around the flimsy pieces. =)

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Each time your hexagons get more amazing!!