to my readers

This blog is now all about my personal life, including updates concerning Jerry's health. For quilt and pattern related posts please visit HillbillyQuiltShop.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ahhhh 16-- The Ozark Star

Today's star is very appropriate. Yesterday my beloved Ozarks was ripped through by a tornado. It was not as bad as Joplin last year, but it did damage for sure. Even Silver Dollar City and Ride the Ducks were damaged.
There were deaths as the storms ripped across the area, so say a prayer for my Hillbilly friends today as we look at the Ozark Star.

The Ozark Star was originally published in the Kansas City Star on Dec. 21, 1935.

This pattern is a pretty little thing but it is NOT EASY. Your drawing must be very accurate to get it to come together correctly. The middle of mine is a bit wonky--but isn't that what Hillbillies are made of?






I know...I'm getting tired of this fabric too. I used the rest up and drew some from the stars that we've already done. I'll get them pieced and show them to you. 
Next week we'll be back to Africa.

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh golly goodness, me oh, my!!!

Linda said...

Wowza! I can't even wrap my head around this one. haha It looks AAmazing.

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Love that fabric -- I'm not tired of it! Love the block too!
Keeping those affected by the tornadoes in our thoughts and prayers...I saw it on the news last night. When I was in grade school, I was in a tornado that hit the school. Everyone was safe, but the school was severely damaged. It was spring and we didn't have school til fall. It was a pretty scary experience for me as a child and all storms seem to scare me and I head to the basement. Good thing my sewing machine is there!
Enjoy your day!

elliek said...

wow this is another great hexie. Had a sickie in hospital so have got last weeks drawn but not sewn so will have to catch up. I love this fabric too

Michelle May said...

Love, love, love those colors together!