Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Surprise day!

It was just over a year ago when Marcia and I came up with the whole May for Me thing. She was always encouraging me to take some time for myself. Life was just a bit (lots) stressful back then. Time for myself? Ya, right. Marcia had this great idea--and thus May for Me was born.

Last year during May for Me I did a quilt a long, but there is no way my blog could handle that this year. Talk about overload between Ahhhh's and Lone Stars! So on Christmas Eve I took a shower. (I do take them more often than just Christmas mind you.) And I did some thinking. What could I do, what could I do? Then I thought of it!

 BLOGGER BINGO

I was so excited I ran out of the shower and sat at the computer emailing some blog buddies for help. Never mind that it was Christmas Eve and they probably didn't want to think Bingo. I am not a very patient person. Thankfully, they didn't tell me to go jump in a lake (especially since I was still soaking wet from my shower) and they decided that Blogger Bingo sounded fun too. 

So, here's the deal...

You need to make a Bingo Card. It won't be hard, I promise! 

Visit Sharon at Vrooman's Quilts for a step by step tutorial.

Visit Snoodles at Lily Pad Quilting to view her version of  Bingo Card.

Visit Marcia at Marcia's Crafty Sewing to view her Bingo Card AND Marcia has several novelty print charm packs that she has made just for this event. Enter to win one!

I made my Bingo Card out of one of Marcia's charm packs. Since I will be one of the Bingo callers, I can't actually play. Stephen just loved looking through Marcia's fabric squares, so I decided to put Stephen's name at the top instead of "BINGO". 

I know you will probably have more questions. 
I will give more details another day. 
What you do need to know is that you have until mid-April to get your card made.
And what you also need to know is that there will be PRIZES. 
Fun Prizes. 
Fabric and Pattern Prizes.
Other Prizes. 

I will talk more about Prizes on Friday and give more rules next week.
I will soon add a Bingo page up top for easy access to all things Bingo.

15 comments:

Grammasheri said...

OK! This sounds like way too much fun. I'm in. Now, to make a bingo card...

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Love your Bingo Card! Good idea to put Stephen's Name on yours --- I am glad he loves it! I posted mine about midnight! Just hopped over and read Sharon's and now yours! Staying up way too late! Good night!

Fiona said...

Sounds like fun.... will keep a look in .. and see what fabrics I have ...
Hugz

Kylie Lloyd said...

Nothing like a good game of Bingo.

Belinda said...

I haven't played bingo in years and years. This is gonna be great!

krisgray said...

neat - maybe I can let DS help me pick fabrics and sew.

Snoodles said...

Yeeehaaa! And we're off! To the races, I mean....or is it the Bingo games? LOL
Great idea, my friend, and this is going to be fun!

Linda said...

This looks super fun. I love Bingo! I am off to search for my squares.

Kathy H said...

Sounds like a fun idea.

Lisa Cox said...

This sounds easy enough. I think I'm gonna join, LOL

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love your card and I can see why Stephen wanted it for himself! Lots of good feed back dear heart - talk later.

Carrie P. said...

this will be fun. I am off to check my fabrics.

Kim's Crafty Apple said...

Such a fun project! Once I started I couldn't stop! I read about the adventure yesterday and my BINGO card is done AND blogged about!
http://kimscraftyapple.blogspot.com/2012/03/may-for-me-bingo-card.html

Terri said...

Sounds like a blogging good time. Where do I sign up?
Hugs!

Raelene said...

Yah, I LOVE Bingo

Hugs

raelenesramblings.blogspot.com