Monday, February 20, 2012

Marcia, Marcia!

You know, I just couldn't help myself from saying that...even though I was kind enough not to say Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

(To Marcia: Have you heard that entirely too many times in your life? I bet you have!)

You see, the whole Brady Bunch thing is very fitting for these quilts. When my acquaintance asked for me to make them she said that I could make them however I wanted, but that they had to be identical because they are for sisters and the two of them would fight over them. That's very Brady, don't you think?

Then there are the colors. The quilts were made from little girl homemade dresses--from right around the late 60's. Very Brady again.

These are two of the dresses that I cut up for the dresdens

Then there is the fact that they are now in the mail to one of the most talented long arm quilters I've ever seen.
But there is not one quilt, there are two...so there we have Marcia Marcia--no, I don't really want to make a 3rd so it can be Marcia Marcia Marcia. 

I really didn't mind making these; just that time got away from me. That's not entirely my fault either. The customer originally wanted photos on the quilt and I waited for those for months. Then she changed her mind, I had to redesign, add some dresdens...but they turned out more beautiful in the end than if they would have had photos. I've decided I am no longer doing any large quilts with photos. They are always more trouble than what it's worth. 

Anyway, Marcia, Marcia! Two of these are on their way to your house. I can't wait to see you perform your magic on them!

And for those of you that have no idea what I've talking about...here ya go:


18 comments:

Fiona said...

Outstanding Tonya.... I love them... and to think it is using clothes up for the fabric... I know it is a lot of work but they are going to be so loved...
Hugz

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I think you are doing the happy jig that those are finished! Making a quilt out of that old a line of fabric is no easy task - and a dresden to boot. This is why I am very limited and picky about my commission work. Go treat your self my friend.

Belinda said...

Here's the story....of a lovely lady...who created dresden quilts with loving care...they were both a lot of work, but were worth it...And their off to expert quilter lady now...

Hillbilly Gal, Hillbilly Gal, that's the reason we all love Hillbilly Gal!!!

I had to. I just had to... :P

Barb said...

Your quilt is so wonderful!

Crafty Sewing said...

Can't wait to get them and quilt them! They are beautiful!

You are a lovely lady!

Fun fact: Marcia Brady and I are the same age! Yes everyone has said that all my life! --- I don't mind at all -- it was one of my favorite shows when I was young! I was 13 when Marcia was 13!

from Marcia, Marcia, Marcia ...

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

I just left a comment signed in under my other account!

Oh Marcia.... Marcia ... Marcia

Connie said...

How beautiful and I love Marcia's quilting!

Sharon said...

The quilt is beautiful!! When I read your title I wondered where the third Marcia was?! LOL!!!

Patty@Granma's said...

very, very nice! so what's next!

Michelle said...

I love how you have designed it... Dresdens of all sizes it looks fabulous... :O)

Pat said...

Stunning work, Tonya - and so special in its memories xx

QuiltSue said...

They are fantastic, but in a way I bet you're happy to see the end to them!

Linda said...

Very Nice Tonya! I love how it turned out. yay! Dresdens are done... happy dance :)

Heather said...

Beautiful work! They turned out really well and I bet you are glad to see them go!

Snoodles said...

Beautiful work, my friend! I know they will love them! (And we are all so happy that you are back in blogland!LOL)

KatieQ said...

I'm sure Marcia will do a fabulous job, but it looks like you have already packed that quilt with magic. The Dresden plates look amazing!

Carrie P. said...

Well done! you have been very busy. I would love to see how they are quilted too.

Christine M said...

Your quilt looks fantastic Tonya.