Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fabric Choices

I had a really tough time deciding what to use for my first star quilt in the book. I reduced the size of the original quilt by half, but still when fussy cutting it's hard to come up with 16 exactly the same diamonds when one is working from their stash!

So here's what I am using:

I took the photo four times using different settings and it still came out yellow.
But when my helper got in the way, the colors came out better.
Go figure!


Next is cutting. 
Use LOTS and LOTS of starch.
Especially if you are fussy cutting. 

5 comments:

Linda said...

Very nice fabric choices. I haven't decided what colors I'm using just yet. I have some samples pulled but that's it. I gotta decide soon, huh :)

Belinda said...

I love those fabrics. I know what you wind up with will be awesome.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I really like the colours you chose...will be nice to see the finished piece.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

So glad you posted this, totally forgot about needing to pull those fabrics. Great fabric there.

QuiltSue said...

What gorgeous fabrics, and in just the right colours for me too. I didn't know you were making a quilt for me!