Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ahhhh 14-- Diamonds and Arrow Points

Remember way back in the beginning I told you that as we went along the hexagons would get harder, then easier again?

When I discovered all of these hexagon blocks the first thing I did was see what shape they were basically divided into. Lately we've been working with an asterisk shape. And I've several more to show you with that shape--but they are much harder than we've been doing; so I am going to step away from them for a bit and start with a new basic shape.




Yes, just a simple star. But this simple star has a fancy name. It was published in the Kansas City Star in 1945    as the Diamonds and Arrow Points Block.

I didn't have time to fancy it up. I'll show you mine sometime later when I get it finished...after the Dresden Quilts are done :)

6 comments:

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Looks like a block I would like to do! I like the easier ones! But I LOVE how the harder ones look too!

Teresa Felgueiras said...

That seems rather easy to do. Could you please e-mail me the template for your 10 wedge dresden. I've tried to make one but it didn't work.
Hugs,
Teresa

Snoodles said...

This looks intriguing! Looking forward to seeing what you do with this! :)

Melody said...

This one is gorgeous. Can't wait to see what comes next

elliek said...

second attempt at leaving a comment. Love this one too. Can't wait to get started.

Mommarock said...

I love how you know the history of all of these blocks. It is the first I have seen this in all my dreaming of doing the Candied Hexagons. Amazing! I'm falling deeper in love as I daydream through the blocks. Thank you so much!